ad: w5yi

Parks on the Air with my daughter at K-2540

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K5ATA, Mar 27, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have recently gotten my daughter to take an interest in Parks on the Air. She liked it well enough she got her technician license, then a month later upgraded to her general. She wanted her general so she would be able to use her own callsign on activations. Now, we split the time at parks. Either way, a great way for daddy/daughter time.

K8MTB, WZ7U, AD0HT and 5 others like this.
  2. N4OKN

N4OKN Ham Member QRZ Page

Outstanding....also enjoyed the video. Keep up the good work!

K5ATA likes this.
  3. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

Kudos to you for helping to ensure the future of AR and spending time with your family at the same time. Excellent work! ;)

4. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great activation! POTA seems to be really contributing to activity. It is great to see youth involvement but also that has to be really special getting to share the hobby with your daughter and good quality daughter/father time for the activation!

5. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice--you are fortunate as ALL parks in my state are closed because of COVID-19. Technically federal (BLM and USFS) land is shut down as well even if it is not park land. My place is surrounded by thousands of acres of BLM land and closed or not my dog and I still jog there every day.

KM4JYL and W1TRY like this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait, my irony meter just broke. How does a lifelong leo justify breaking the rules?
    This sort of mentality is what will be the covid downfall of America. Too many people already think the rules don't apply, just look at what happened last weekend at the coast. And here you are Jerry bragging up how you go to the federal land to do what no one else is allowed to.

This is exactly what is killing this country right now, people thinking they are exempt from the rules. Not that what you are doing is likely to be a problem itself but.... why are you going on here promoting anarchy?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    F8WBD, K0MB and K4AGO like this.
  7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice video and a great contact rate considering how bad the bands have been.

8. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Having my daughter on the air helped... but honestly, the band was doing well for us. We worked a bunch of stations, most of them really strong. Thanks for watching!

9. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well done and congratulations on the license and upgrade. 73 Rich

10. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

You're the one being unrealistic.

If he and his dog are avoiding people, as most do while jogging in the wilds, what terrible risk is he taking?

Really... what additional risk or risks is/are posed to he or his dog, or the public at large, by jogging in the wilds of Oregon? Please tell us what that is and how it affects himself or the public at large?

Please do. I really want to hear this! I'm sure others want to hear your logic as well.

KM4JYL and W5INC like this.