ad: Mountaingoat-1

Parks on the Air - now in England

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Aug 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. HB9ASQ

HB9ASQ Ham Member QRZ Page

You forgot someing clever boy: It's also MY frequencies. Typical selfish remarks from the kind of people I'm talking about.

2. KD4QFT

KD4QFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well old age stops me seeing any referance to the flag being english
    were is it

3. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Gone , see post
    #21.

4. KD0IRW

KD0IRW Ham Member QRZ Page

A few thoughts here...for what its worth. World Wide Flora and Fauna was first and is truly global, then NPOTA, then POTA. Both great programs with different and similar aspects.

For those crying about how much band space it takes up, come on now. I just tuned through 20m on a contest weekend, plenty of room for rag chew, nets, what ever else you want to do!

VE3BXG and KZ7ZUL like this.
  5. KD4QFT

I looked at post 21 no mention of an England flag.

The person who put on picture just saying she made a mistake, using a mirror image.
    But like most post's it turns into children wanting every body to agree with them and most posts go completely off the original reason of the post.
    I am convinced it as something to do with DFN Syndrome.

6. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't wait until the next Walmart on the air event ! 73' Phil..

VE3BXG likes this.
  7. K4JEL

K4JEL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don’t forget about Castles on the Air.

8. KD4QFT

Well after a few responses from hams who know all the answers and if you differ from their's you are obviously wrong.
    So on another program I started a points contest for all to partake, this was on a voip program.
    The contest was a point was gained by working a Dick.
    This turned out to be great fun as every one was searching for Richard, Ricky, Ricardo, Rick, Ric,Rich,
    All Hams should know that they cannot always be right, that is my privilege.
    So stop bitching and moaning enjoy our great hobby.
    Still do not see any reference to who the flag belongs to.

9. NX1Q

NX1Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

POTA 4 LIFE !

So many wonderful aspects to doing portable outdoor radio. The kids and I have done many POTA activations and other portable ops as well as field day. We learn what works in the field and what doesn't. Much ecomm cross over too.

Lots of learning about and enjoying the various park locations as well.

Thanks to all the organizers, hunters and fellow activators for this wonderful experience!

VE3BXG, N9TNT, W8TAM and 1 other person like this.
  10. G0RQQ

G0RQQ Ham Member QRZ Page

For clarification - Walmart Parking Lots On The Air is NOT specifically about working the parking lots. It just happens that in several cases, grid squares happen to intersect in the parking lots. WMPLOTA was started as a fun means for people chasing grid squares on the satellites to work typically two squares on the same day. ( I suppose that’s now going to start a war on the merits of chasing grid squares - sigh....)

11. HB9ASQ

HB9ASQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm ready to discuss everything from flying saucers to psychology. Anything that requires a little brain power. As for talking about health and medical issues, it's human and still beats 5-9-qrz.

AF9US likes this.