ad: hrd-2

Panadapter>Omnirig>Kenwood TS-590sg>Not playing nice!

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KD8ZGS, Apr 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KD8ZGS

KD8ZGS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello dear community of smart people!
    I'm setting up my FIRST ham radio station. Earned a Novice class license in a 7th grade class in 1978, but I'm just now trying to realize a life-long goal.
    I've read through a lot of threads, and watched a few YouTube videos trying to get what should be a straightforward set-up working properly. I think I'm close. I'm hoping to get a few more leads from the experts here at the Zed.
    I'm using a fairly new Lenovo Ideacentre dedicated only for my station. Processor is an AMD A9-9430 Radeon R5, 3.2 GHz with 4.00 GB RAM. System type is 64-bit. It's running Windows 10 Home, version 1709, OS Build 16299.371. The ARCP-590G Radio Control Program seems to function with no issues and adjustments are mirrored instantaneously in each direction. Setup, under the Tool tab shows COM Port (USB) 5, Baud Rate Auto (57,600).
    Omni-Rig Settings are: Version 1.16, RIG 1: Rig Type: TS-590, Port: COM 5, Baud Rate: 57600, Data bits: 5, Parity: None, Stop Bits: 1, RTS: High, DTR: High, Poll int, ms: 500, Timeout, ms 4000.
    When trying to get it to sync with HDSDR I get the message TS-590 => Rig is not responding. ARCP-590G software is closed.
    When trying to get it to sync with SDRuno, it looks like the proper boxes are checked in the RX Control. When I check the box Enable & Connect under CAT I get the message: VRX#0: The specified com device doesn't exist or is already open.
    At this point, I'd be happy with either SDRuno or HDSDR syncing with my new Kenwood. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all,
    Oran
    KD8ZGS

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm a little unclear - are you using an USB cable to connect the rig to your computer's USB port, or a RS-232C type cable (or connection) from the rig's COM port to a emulated serial port on your computer?

Depending upon your answer, have you verified the value of menu 68 or menu 67?

3. KD8ZGS

Hi, thanks. I’m using a USB cable.

4. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KD8ZGS

Yes, sure have....

6. KD9HRB

KD9HRB Ham Member QRZ Page

I went round and round like that to. It's probably a Com port issue. Hdsdr worked better for me. I decided my computer didn't have enough memory and was to slow, need to upgrade before I try again. Would be nice to be able to get the sdr, rig software, and digital software all playing nice. I'm sure someone has done it. Maybe your post will get some help.

7. KD8ZGS

I sure get close, the com ports seem configured properly, but still no dice. I'm going to uninstall everything and try again. I'll post any results or hopefully tips on getting everything to sync!
    ~Oran

8. KD9HRB

The drv button needs to be pressed so you see one of these *on the radio's LED read out. You doing that?

9. KD8ZGS

Yep, I followed all of the steps outlined in what I thought was a pretty good YouTube video that detailed exactly how to configure everything. That menu setting was covered. But I will watch the video over again and see if I missed anything.
    Regards,
    ~Oran

K3UZ likes this.
  10. KD9HRB

Drv settings to radio on ant?