ad: Flexradio-1

Palm Springs HamFest 2015

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by K6LCS, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

THANK YOU to those I met from QRZ.com yesterday out at the Palm Springs HamFest!

We had a blast ... worked SO-50, AO-73, and APRS on the ISS - all before noon.

And when a guest speaker had a personal emergency crop up minutes before his
    scheduled time, the convention manager snagged me and declared, "Clint, you're
    on!"

So I conducted a completely off-the-cuff "Q&A" session - and we all had a great time.

Wonderful event ... well-attended ... not too hot for Palm Springs ... ARRL reps
    there, and AMSAT's FOX-1A project promoted to all within earshot (grin).

For raffle prizes, I acquired a Heil PR-10 Set from Dr. Heil, a gift certificate from
    RT Systems, and I offered a new Arrow 146/437-10WBP for $50 off to a happy ham.

If you are in the Southern California region, please make it a point to attend this
    wonderful show next year - the second Saturday in March.

Clint Bradford K6LCS

2. W3LAM

W3LAM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Clint, my wife and I attended this weekend. It was our first HAM fest and we enjoyed it. The talks were interesting and I got to meet and talk with the guy who trained me, Gordon West! We also enjoyed vendors areas and we took advantage of some of the great deals that were to be had at the HAM fest. I am sure we will go again!

Lam Jam
    KK6SJO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.