Page To Wide

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KS2K, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to have that problem constantly with the old version. Now the print is so small that I have to use reading glasses. Well, no. Actually I increase the print size by clicking on the bottom right corner of the window. Right above the clock. I have to put it on 150%, then it is just great and there is still no having to scroll back and forth and back and forth. Or you can push and hold on the CTRL button and spin your center wheel on the mouse and finnd a better fit with that.

I'm using a Dell XP computer with an old monitor. 17'' from corner to corner. When I take this computer to the repair shop, he puts this flat screen monitor on it, and everything is WAY bigger. In fact, he had to put the screen resolution to 1152 X 864. Looks just like my 800 X 600 screen resolution with my 17'' monitor at home.

So it matters what monitor you have too. And when I go to other sites, I have to scroll back and forth and back and forth to read each sentence. On here, if someone puts on the right size picture, then I have to scroll back and forth because the picture makes it too wide.

If you go to the top of the page and click on Thread Tools, then click on 'Printable Version' then it might be where it will fit. Then you can read all the threads with that. It used to be one of the only ways I could read some threads with the old version, but I tried it with this version, and the page is still too wide.

2. KS2K

KS2K Ham Member QRZ Page

My display is a 21 inch flat screen LCD. I am a regular on many truck forums, 2 radio control helicopter forums, corvette forum. I have no problems with width on any of these. I did not have a width problem before QRZ upgraded. I have no idea why QRZ is the only one that displays two wide. It sure is hard to follow the threads running the scroll bar back and forth. Still hoping someone has the cure.

Just wanted to add. I changed my screen resolution to 1280 x 1024. The width probelm still exists at this resolution. Screen resolution is not the problem

Thanks
    KS2K

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  3. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Which (if any) plug-ins or add-ons are installed on Firefox?

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm showing the same problem on an older version of Firefox and Konquerer on SUSE Linux. My latest version of both does not have the problem.

5. KS2K

KS2K Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the following add-ons installed with Firefox;
    Link Visitor
    Get Mail
    Adblock Plus

KS2K

6. K6JEA

K6JEA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am out of town for a couple of days and that computer is at home. I'll post as soon as I return, thanks.

7. KS2K

KS2K Ham Member QRZ Page

Many Thanks, I appreciate your help

KS2K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.