Page To Wide

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KS2K, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KS2K

KS2K Ham Member QRZ Page

Since the upgrade, the page is very wide. I select a thread, then when it comes up, I have to use the scrol bar to move all the way to the right to even be able to see the post. Is there a fix, or is this the way the new software works ?

Thanks
    KS2K

2. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope, its not supposed to do that--something is amiss with your browser.

What flavor and version are you using?

3. AB8XA

AB8XA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It appears the minimum forum width before horizontal scrolling is 685 pixels. So a 640 x 480 VGA monitor won't cut it. OTOH, a 720 wide should work with room for a vertical scroll bar... and 800 wide SVGA would have plenty of room.

4. K6JEA

K6JEA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am having this same problem with the netbook that I am using in the shack. Linux and Firefox.

5. KS2K

KS2K Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a Mac. Browser is Firefox 2.0.0.7. My display is set to 1024 x 768
    I am on numerous forums on the web, many with this same software. This is the only forum with this problem.

Thanks for your suggestions
    KS2K

6. KS2K

KS2K Ham Member QRZ Page

Bump.

Can anyone help me figure why only QRZ displays this problem. Please see post #1. HELP.

KS2K

7. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Got the same problem myself - yet the Hamradio forum in the IK uses same software, doesn't have it.

Curiouser and Curiouser said Alice!

8. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Are some of those that are experiencing this issue using IE 6? I'd almost bet money on it. I access these forums from three different machines here running different browsers, Linux, Windows 7, and Windows XP Pro, and have never seen these issues.

9. K6JEA

K6JEA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, the netbook that has the problem for me is running Linux and Firefox. This is the only forum that does it and it was fine before the "upgrade". My Windows based netbook with Firefox is fine as are the other three computer in the house.

Sure would like to fix it.

10. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

What version of Firefox, which (if any) plug-ins or add-ons are installed on Firefox, and what is your screen resolution?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.