PACIFIC DXPEDITIONER (KC0W) IMPERILED BY THEFT

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W1YW, Sep 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W6SDM

W6SDM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If someone sets up a Go Fund Me page, I will be glad to contribute.

K4SAW, KC8YLT and K2ZBA like this.
  2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope they find the rat bastards who took that. Certainly not something easily fencible on an island like that! What use would they have for it! I can see them stealing shoes, but Radios and antennas??
    They need to hunted down and Dealt with severely!!!
    so sorry that happened, Tom!!!

W9JEF likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Tom is a straightshooter; a proud guy and profoundly self-reliant. I like to describe him as 'tough with a gentle touch'. Especially on a keyer!

Let's see what he needs first and then respond. IMO your offer is an excellent one, and there are certainly those willing to donate much more as well. Let's see what he needs and see what he'll take from others:)

I just want to be sure he can get back stateside if needed....no word , for example, if they stole passport.

Chip W1YW

K4SAW likes this.
  4. UR3QTN

UR3QTN Ham Member QRZ Page

HAVE PITY ON THEM! THEY'RE JUST POOR, NOT EDUCATED NATIVES. MAYBE THEY DON'T HAVE SOMETHING TO EAT?... SORRY, IF THE EQUIPMENT JUST DISASSEMBLE, OR THROW.

5. K0AUG

K0AUG Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

When hams go on dxpeditions they commonly leave supplies for those who live there...

No pity involved.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am waiting for Tom to say he's OK with this crowdfunding...nothing yet.

He knows I am ready to provide him funds and equipment, along with others.

QRO CLUB has an amp and a FTDX-1200 ready to send, if he wants them. Probably a Begali paddle as well. Let Tom decide.

Chip W1YW

KE4TA, K4SAW, W5WN and 2 others like this.
  8. KB3WGE

KB3WGE Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear about the theft of ur eqip. OM, I hope the local authorities find the perps fast.Thieves SUCK for lack of a better word for such LOWLIFES,73's ALL KB3WGE a.k.a. Jimi.

KF4ZKU likes this.
  9. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know you are a young person Eugene UR3TQN But before resorting to stealing someones personal belongings and a visitor to your country of all things,:( Most people would ask for help if they need to eat and I do not think it is as stone age as you assume. Best of DX to you Eugene and 73'se
    Ed Wolf
    N7XCZ

10. W1RDT

W1RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Has the Secretary of State been contacted?

W6JWZ likes this.