Outlook is such garbage as an e-mail.

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WA3LKN, Jul 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ditto here. No ads with AdBlock turned off.

2. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

I created a hotmail account at the Air University library when I showed up for OTS in 1997. It was the only way I could email friends and family. I've had it ever since.

Back then, you didn't have to put in any personally identifiable information to create an account.

They still think I'm somewhere in Alabama and the only name they have on me is "Guy". They may or may not have figured out my username is an old ham call sign.

But, yes, they read everything you/I do.

My fix is a "PFSense" hardware firewall with DNS Ad Blocker extension. I see gray boxes with frowny faces.

And my spam surges at times and calms down at times.

Most spam goes to the junk folder. And the spam that makes it to my inbox is quickly deleted with a single click.

They've tried and tried and tried to get me to sign up for outlook and 365, but I keep ignoring and deleting.

If they make it impossible for me to continue to use it anonymously I'll just quit using it. It's a good "junk" email address. My other email address is closely guarded and I don't give that out except to my business associates. That's the only way to email these days--have at least one junk email address and at least one close-hold email address.

3. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

I asked my magic 8-Ball about email clients, it said "Outlook not so good".

KA9JLM likes this.