ad: M2Ant-1

Outlook is such garbage as an e-mail.

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WA3LKN, Jul 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

As if MS (with Outlook) and Yahoo DON'T :confused:do the same :mad:(i.e., harvest e-mail data)?:rolleyes:

2. WA9SVD

Let me count the ways.:rolleyes:

:oops:Sorry, I ran out of finders, and toes.:(

WN1MB likes this.
  3. N9LCD

N9LCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Any spam filter is "artificial intelligence" with on ARTIFICIAL not intelligence.

Some years I was using (and paying for) EarthLink. Their "spam filter" kept tossing email from our bank in the spam bin while passing a lot of real spam.

I noe use Gmail. At least it's span filter is reasonably trainable.

KP4SX likes this.
  4. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like its spell check function isn't working too well. ;)

5. WF9Q

WF9Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its real easy, been with a company for at least 25 years, I will PM you with the name.

If you decide to go with them and need some help setting up Thunderbird just let me know. More than likely you will not need help because they have the setup well documented. They also have web based access, that is nice if you need to get into your mail from another location.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  6. WA9SVD

I HAD "Earthlink" for a long while. I DIDN'T get "spam" until their Prez sent out an "e-mail" saying they were dedicated to preventing "spam." All of a sudden, I was deluged by spam... Think it was a "coincidence?":rolleyes:

BTW< I usually think "Artificial Intelligence" equals "Genuine Stupidity..."

7. KG5RZ

KG5RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Outlook Express that was a component of Windows has been replaced in Widows 10 with Mail. It happened about the same time Edge replaced Explorer as the web browser.

I use Mail to access my Gmail account instead of going to the Gmail web page which has more space for ads on the page than the space dedicated to displaying the mail.

8. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no reason to defend Gmail but that's just not true. What are you talking about?

The ads on Gmail are a few "messages" at the top. There are no ads at all on my "Primary" tab. There are a few in "Social" and "Promotions". I guess > 95% of the page is mail and general UI links.

9. KG5RZ

KG5RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

All I can tell you is the top third and the right half of the Gmail webmail page I get has nothing to do with the viewing of my e-mail. IF I use ad and pop up blockers it gets better. Those areas are less cluttered but are still present on the page. If that is not the case with you consider yourself fortunate.

BTW, your people skills could use improvement.

10. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you're confusing Gmail with something else or your computer is infected with something or ... I don't know what but what you're saying doesn't match reality. This is what Gmail looks like. The ads of which there are none in this image are two or three fake messages at the top. It sounds like you're seeing banner ads but Gmail doesn't have those.

clip_image0042.png

NG1H likes this.