Out-of-band QSO

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K5KTD, Jul 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. KC5NYO

KC5NYO Ham Member QRZ Page

Tain fo gud buddy! Dats a big suppository!!

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Now, THAT really Hertz!:rolleyes::p

3. KC5NYO

KC5NYO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ohm my! I though you might get a charge out of it. At least it was current terminology!

WA9SVD likes this.
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

What’s rental cars got to do with this?

Sorry. I didn’t Budget for this level of Enterprise...

W0FS, K8BZ, KC5NYO and 2 others like this.
  5. WA9SVD

(About as much as "Cranberry" and "Elwood" have to do with the original topic, but then again, this IS the "Zed!":rolleyes:)

W4NNF likes this.
  6. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, ok,...here might be the answer to the question of "to channelize, or not to channelize" that is the question. Radios can come with two available options for the purchasers upon initial setup. One, only indicates so called channels and does not show the actual frequency. The "EXTRA" version for the more technically advanced would be what we have now. That is show the actual frequency, not any channel indication. Only problem wuould be "let the qrm wars begin!

Forget my idea.....no good.

7. NG4F

NG4F Ham Member QRZ Page

If you own an older rig, and want to talk on the newer 60 meter band, a mars mod is a must. I think thats why we have seen an explosion of mars mod radios hit the market.

K4NWD likes this.
  8. WA9SVD

I would LIKE to agree with you, but that may be a bit TOO naive. At least SOME of the "MARS" requests come from individuals asking about VERY recently released amateur transceivers, which SHOULD be able to operate properly on 60 Meters, although it may take a modicum of mental effort. Then again, so would legal 60 Meter operation WITH a "MARS" mod.

NG1H likes this.
  9. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hams by nature are tinkerers in the old vernacular or hackers in modern parlance. Some do it just because we can ;)

PU2OZT likes this.
  10. WA9SVD

I have "better" things with which to tinker, than a $800, $1900, or $10,000 transceiver. Particularly when there is no (legal) reason or need to do so in the first place.