Our Sun Has Bad Aim with Storms to the East & West | Solar Storm Forecast 09.15.2020

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Sep 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Aim implies intent .

Bad science

2. KE4IKY

KE4IKY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not sure that "aim" implies intent. Not necessarily the best choice of words, possible "directed" might be better, but that also implies intent.

Neither of which really negates the science of this, which is good.

What I really want to know is if the solar cycles are related to the sun "recharging" from cosmic radiation, or if ice ages are maybe the result of something like that?

Thanks
    Joel

3. KE4IKY

Yes, I agree with being on the same arbitrariness (thank god for spell check) page... If I remember correctly IEEE and physicists had opposite ways of determining circular polarization direction, I think everyone eventually agreed on the engineers way.

W5EBB likes this.
  4. KD0CAC

Magic thinking / speaking - the idea that natural phenomena has intend " aim " the Sun , a inanimate object can not - take aim - that is intent .
    I like to push back against anytime language is misused , implying that there is intent to the universe .
    Trying to help us get away from the idea that a meteor is a omen etc. or there is intent ;)

Not trying to negate science , just the words being used / misused .

I have thought I read that Sunspots are cooler that no Sun spots , and wander if the lack of Sunspots - being hotter is part of high temps here also ?

Also , Joel ,
    Haven't heard / read about cosmic " radiation recharging the Sun " got any references for that , sounds like it could be interesting ?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  5. KE4IKY

I don't like words being misused either, however most of the appropriate words in this case can imply things other than intended, aimed / directed are just two examples, or would make the communications awkwardly long.

From what I understand so far about the warming idea (as it relates to global warming) is that with less of a solar wind, the more cosmic rays interact with the earth and increase water vapor, which is the largest "greenhouse" gas.

I like to keep things simpler than that and just imagine that we are somewhere between ice ages (an inter-glacial period), which means the earth should continue warming until it starts cooling, with little warming and cooling bumps in between.

Thanks
    Joel

6. KD0CAC

Ya , I prefer to live here , in-between ice ages .
    Not that I think we should take a dump on our own backyard .

Evolution of anything , in this case our technology , using petro fuels , took time to get to this point , and will take time to move onto other sources .

I've watched that Youtube channel many times .

7. KE4IKY

No. I haven't read about anything like it. There are no references. I'm trying to put two and two together and guessing that the solar cycles have more of an interaction with their cosmic environment than is being thought about or considered. Maybe something like a tide going in and out, the solar wind pushes back against cosmic radiation for as long as it can, then cosmic radiation rushes in. It's kind of a juvenile and unscientific way of looking at it, but I think this idea might cause someone to start looking a little differently at how the sun works (we seem to keep thinking of it as a closed system, just a giant fusion reactor, without taking into account outside influences). I'm not much of a scientist though. Even just looking at it as a closed system there is plenty left to figure out.

Thanks
    Joel

8. KE4IKY

What you tube channel?

Thanks
    Joel

9. KD0CAC

The 1st post & subject of this thread has a Youtube video ?

10. W5EBB

W5EBB Ham Member QRZ Page

My guess is at solar minimum, sombody up there gives the invisible spiral plunger at the top of the Sun a few pumps to recharge its internal dynamo to keep it spinning for another solar cycle.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020