ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Our Sun Has Bad Aim with Storms to the East & West | Solar Storm Forecast 09.15.2020

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Sep 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Ya , I prefer to live here , in-between ice ages .
    Not that I think we should take a dump on our own backyard .

Evolution of anything , in this case our technology , using petro fuels , took time to get to this point , and will take time to move onto other sources .

I've watched that Youtube channel many times .

2. KE4IKY

KE4IKY Ham Member QRZ Page

No. I haven't read about anything like it. There are no references. I'm trying to put two and two together and guessing that the solar cycles have more of an interaction with their cosmic environment than is being thought about or considered. Maybe something like a tide going in and out, the solar wind pushes back against cosmic radiation for as long as it can, then cosmic radiation rushes in. It's kind of a juvenile and unscientific way of looking at it, but I think this idea might cause someone to start looking a little differently at how the sun works (we seem to keep thinking of it as a closed system, just a giant fusion reactor, without taking into account outside influences). I'm not much of a scientist though. Even just looking at it as a closed system there is plenty left to figure out.

Thanks
    Joel

3. KE4IKY

KE4IKY Ham Member QRZ Page

What you tube channel?

Thanks
    Joel

4. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

The 1st post & subject of this thread has a Youtube video ?

5. W5EBB

W5EBB Ham Member QRZ Page

My guess is at solar minimum, sombody up there gives the invisible spiral plunger at the top of the Sun a few pumps to recharge its internal dynamo to keep it spinning for another solar cycle.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  6. FORRESTWHITE

FORRESTWHITE QRZ Member

Today's rapidly developing technology helps us check the weather status or monitor deforestation. For example, satellites can send a signal if the poacher can cut trees or if there is a fire in the forest. With the help of satellites, we can monitor the wild nature in order to better understand the animals. Constant monitoring can enable scientists to gain a better understanding of the dynamics and behaviors of different species, as well as gain insight into how each of them is affected by environmental challenges. To this end, satellite technology can aid the fight towards ensuring the survival of the Antarctic fauna in the face of climate instability https://www.skyrora.com/post/penguins-from-space-new-colonies-discovered

7. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes.

Dang, I wish the questions on my finals for a Physics exam were so easy to answer LOL.