Our Amateur Radio Operator Military Veterans...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W5BIB, Nov 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KG7E

KG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL! Yep....specifically ELT :D

2. KJ6ZH

KJ6ZH Ham Member QRZ Page

USMC 1975-1987 Communications Officer 2502
    Stationed 3rd MAW MCAS El Toro, 4th Marines Okinawa, USS Belleau Wood LHA-3
    Held calls: KA6IMP (Inter Modulation Products), KA6CB (Okinawa), VK2FHG (Fairly Handsome Guy ---Sydney Australia for 10 days)

Semper Fi & 73

Chris - KJ6ZH
    Former Capt. USMC

NL7W, N3AWS and W5BIB like this.
  3. KJ5GUY

KJ5GUY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Marine Corps 1984-1990. I got my tech "ticket" December 13, 2016 so I am rapidly approaching my 1 year HAM anniversary! I wonder what HAM stuff I can tell my XYL to get me hmmmmm....any suggestions!!

W5BIB, KB4QAA and N3AWS like this.
  4. K2PHD

K2PHD Ham Member QRZ Page

USCG 1962-1968/WV2SVX-KA2GTY-K2PHD (Doc)
    Hold commercial radiotelegraph and radiotelephone/with RADAR endorsement in addition to my Extra Class ham license. First licensed in 1961. Now SKCC, NAQCC, 4sqrp, fpqrp, RACES and ARES.

KB4QAA and W5BIB like this.
  5. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

really it's all smoke for keeping them out of the bottle of coax wax in the klystron supply reactor cabinet

6. KJ5GUY

BWAAHHH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

7. KJ5GUY

Skipper....were you there when the CAG Col. Caddick I believe his name was crashed his Hornet at the airshow there? I and my older brother were Marines at that time. His(my brother's) first duty station was El Torro MCAS with VMFP-3. He was in Avionics, I was with HML-767 MAG 46 Det B out of NAS New Orleans in Aviation Supply. My squadron was on a CAX in 29 Palms and he had picked me up for liberty the weekend of the airshow. We both pretty much had "front row" seats to that crash, couldn't believe my eyes! Thank the Lord he survived it, talk about someone watching over you! I had heard the Colonel passed away not too long ago , but I can't corroborate that, if he did rest in peace brother and SEMPER FI!

W5BIB likes this.
  8. KB0FKT

KB0FKT Ham Member QRZ Page

NDARNG 1981-1987, 1990-1991. Sp4. Combat Engineer and RTO. I got my ticket in 89. With my ticket I convinced my First Sgt that I would be more valuable in Commo than in a line platoon. Having already been an RTO for 5 years during first tour also helped out. I was a glutten for punishment wanting to pack around a PRC-77 for 5 years but I liked the radios.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    KB4QAA and W5BIB like this.
  9. N9CAV

N9CAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Reenlisted 1975 / 1978 64 C 30. Heavy truck driver badge, Mechanics badge, Private pilot army flying clubs, Novice ham licence.
    Fort Carson Colorado 4th s&t b co 4th plt. Camp Casey Korea 2nd s&t b co 4th plt 5 ton tractor.
    Was TDY to other units 4th of the 7th CAV and 2nd engineers. Did operate MARS out of Soul Korea for a time. Discharged OCT 1978.
    Upgraded to general class after discharge from service. HOOAH. zoldarmy.jpg

W5BIB and KB0FKT like this.
  10. N2UGB

N2UGB Ham Member QRZ Page

USAF 1957-1960. Ground radio op. 1st AACS Mobile out of Johnson AFB Japan. Yeah, I'm an old guy.

W5BIB, N3AWS, W7TCT and 2 others like this.