ad: QSLWorks-1

Other Users adding Information to QRZ

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by HAPPYTOMEETYOU, Nov 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. HAPPYTOMEETYOU

HAPPYTOMEETYOU QRZ Member

Hello,
    I know of a ham (not in the USA) but a jurisdiction where personal information is kept private.

A fellow ham added their personal information on QRZ without their permission. You could imagine the shock of someone finding their personal information what was not available anywhere else.

How was someone able to do this? Does QRZ allow members to fill in information of non-members? Would the fellow ham be able to register for a QRZ account and be able to change/remove this information?

Thank you for your help in this matter and will inform of the ham their options.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

The ham who would like to keep information private should open a ticket with QRZ Support.

K0UO likes this.
  3. HAPPYTOMEETYOU

They are not a user of QRZ and they have already contacted them via their external site. From previous experience, solutions are much
    faster to find on this forum as the QRZ staff do not seem to exist or they are too busy to address these issues.

Would they be able to make these changes if they register for QRZ? I would also like to know if it is possible for other users to add information about non-members. Still trying to figure out how this site works.

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Many of the folks responding on this forum are not admins. We can answer the easy problems. QRZ are the ones who can definitively answer privacy questions.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You filed a ticket on 2021-11-07 05:25:15, it was responded to point-by-point and the ticket was closed 2021-11-07 17:54:58

What are your remaining questions? (Those NOT answered in the detailed report sent to you on 2021-11-07 17:54:58 by QRZ Support Staff)

Did you just use a "junk" email to file the support ticket? The reply was sent to the email you used to send the report. Did you check your "spam", "trash", "promotions" folders for the reply that was sent?

Please use PM or send an email to my QRZ email address and I can address whatever it is you feel was not answered.

Dave
    W7UUU

K0UO, HAPPYTOMEETYOU and KP4SX like this.
  6. HAPPYTOMEETYOU

Dave,
    Thank you so much for your response.

Unfortunately, I did not receive your response. This is a different issue but appreciate your concern and feedback.

Would you be able to PM me your email address? Your email address is only currently only visible to hams only.

Thanks again for your help and I will pass forward the information.

K0UO likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

PM sent

Dave
    W7UUU

HAPPYTOMEETYOU likes this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

If you add your personal information, Seems that you gave permission. :confused:

9. W7UUU

This matter has been taken offline. No need for further public discussion

Dave
    W7UUU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.