ad: Alphaant-1

Other Hobbies

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KI4PRK, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KC0KBH

KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

My car-
    '82 Volkswagen Rabbit LS diesel. 1.6l. 4 cyl. I think it has a whopping 52 HP, about 72 ft lb torque, if I'm correct. [​IMG] 5 speed. I love that car, really fun to drive (I like driving it a lot more than I like my mom's Infiniti I30). Plus, the fuel economy is the best- Like 50 MPG. [​IMG] And I can run it on biodiesel. People give me crap about it, but I look at them driving their ~25 MPG vehicles, and laugh. Plus, it was $400, and has 220k miles onit.

If I want to go fast, I ride my dirtbike (yamaha IT200 2 stroke).

I don't think the diesel in my rabbit will start well without the block heater, when it is really cold outside, so my dad is buying a small truck for a work truck/winter vehicle for me. Some '80s Toyota or Nissan 4x4 5 speed, or an early '90s Mazda b2200, b2300, etc.

If I ever have to pull the head on my rabbit, I'll buy intake and exhaust manifolds, and a turbo w/oil lines from an '80s 1.6 diesel Jetta or Golf, and put turn my rabbit into a turbodiesel. Some say the the non-turbo head can't handle it, but I've heard of people running a ton of miles, using a non-turbo head, with a turbo, on a rabbit diesel.

2. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

We have a Honda Odyssey and the DVD player is awesome. It keeps the kids quiet every time.

Does that count?

Other main hobby here is photography.

3. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I tend to try everything.... but heres the things that I've stuck with...

Mountain Biking
    Drummer
    Learning Bass
    Running
    Hiking
    Rock Climbing
    Paintball (Usually play down at FOX4 in Upton, ma)
    Facebook... (Hey it could probably be considered a sport!)
    Photography

Theres definitely more, I have to many hobbies, im a little busy but thats ok, I'm officially out of high school so now I've got alot more time!

4. KB1LQC

KB1LQC Guest

Hmm... Besides homebrewing and all that fun electronic funness (Yup... I think I just made a word!), Brent and I are really into mountain bike riding and music. We recently raced with a team in a 24 hour relay at our high school and actually won the most number of laps! 156 miles for our team in 24 hours!!! anyway, was a fun event, just getting over paying for it (physically... hihi). We actually played a small gig during the relay on a few cover songs in our cafeteria. KB1LQC is on the right playing guitar and singing on "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?", and KB1LQD is playing drums, and actually KB1OBF my really good friend is singing and playing guitar in the center on "The General" and "Born To Be Wild"... my other friend playing bass is not licensed as an amateur radio operator.

We didn't get all the songs on video cuz I we played "Bang Bang" by Dispatch which was not recorded. But here are clips from our performance!

Are You Gonna Be My Girl? by Jet

The General by Dispatch

Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf

Basically, all the amateur radio operators are in "Team Awesome!" Tie Dye shirts hihi!

Well Hope everyone is having a great summer!!!!

Thanks es 73's
    Bryce Salmi
    KB1LQC

5. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Photography, astronomy, cars, chess, gaming (Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, I don't really do MMORPG's).

I used to ride (motorcycles) but my riding buddy died in a bike accident so I sold the bike.

We plan to get some horses soon.

6. K8AFI

K8AFI Ham Member QRZ Page

Ooh. Any particular breed?

7. W6TMI

W6TMI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have visions of the "Texas Dremel Massacre".

Many, many wooden objects were slain that day.

[​IMG]

Oh, on topic.. hobbies are volleyball, soccer, paintball, computer games (battlefield II, 2142, Neverwinter Nights) Oblivion on XBOX360, motorcycle riding, street and dirt..
    dont do the crazt shi..stuff though, anymore.

Just bored, and invading yer "turf", but hey, hobbies are same as some of yours!

8. KC0KBH

I don't do too much stupid stuff on a dirtbike- if I'm wearing a helmet or not limits my top speed. One time, I was on a friend's Yamaha IT200 (I have an IT200, too), driving down the road. Had a helmet on, in 6th gear. I was moving, had the throttle open pretty good. Got too freaky, and I slowed down. [​IMG]

I've wiped out more times on a scooter, than a dirtbike. Never wiped out on my moped. I did freak a lady out the other day, took a turn, she was kind of in the middle of the road, and I came like 2' from her suv. She had this really freaked out look on her face, watching me, as I was waving. [​IMG]

9. KC0KBH

10. KB1NZV

KB1NZV Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of my hobbies are music (listening/playing piano, flute, & trombone), hiking, fishing, billards, building model cars, really into theatre (lights, sound, stage managing... basically everything but acting [​IMG] ). Other then that, i love to cook, love to hang out with my friends, talk on AOL, and being addicted to Facebook and QRZ... OH and must not forget the most important which would have to be spending time talkin on the radio [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.