ad: ARR

Other Hobbies

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KI4PRK, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KI4PRK

KI4PRK Ham Member QRZ Page

I am interested in hearing the other hobbies of other youth in Ham radio (OT's are NOT excluded). I enjoy running track, and I excel greatly in this sport. I do sprinting (100M, 100M Hurdles) and jumping (Long Jump), and a bit of Discus. In fact I hold several county records (and a club record for the most club records [​IMG] ) I also play the piano, and I am also good at this. I play nearly exclusively ragtime, with a bit of Jazz.
    Within Ham radio, I do EXCLUSIVELY DXing (mainly CW). I have 175 entities (89 confirmed). I owe this relatively high total (for 7 1/2 months) to three things: Luck, a mountain top QTH, and a FB+++++ Elmer (N4ZH Terry Hines) who has been a ham since the 50's and has 320 entities and counting.
    Eager to hear what others have to say! vry 73, de Brennen KI4PRK [​IMG]

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, lessee here. I play electric bass, do some oil painting, write novels, do strange things with a Dremel moto-tool, and work on the KDE Desktop development project.

Eric

3. KI4PRK

A Dremel, Huh? My dad & older brother go wacko with those [​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

My Uncle Brian, KC0BS and I work on towers all over the Midwest, been to Ft. Scott, Paola, and some place in Iowa. Tried geo-caching with some luck. I like football, golf, fishing, and my friends and I have lots of airsoft gun battles.

5. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

i like soccer(though i am not good at it) . sub hobbies in ham radio are homebrewing(i ordered a TWO TINNED TUNA kit) and probably i am going to try a Portable QRPp WAS with the TUNA TIN(a very ambitious dream!)

6. KI4PRK

I've tried geocaching with my family. I also built a MFJ QRP 40M rig, and am starting the schematic for a homebrew home designed rig.
    I once tried golf and really, really, did bad [​IMG] too bad...

7. WT0N

WT0N Ham Member QRZ Page

Geocaching is a lot of fun. I've (almost) finished a 20m Rockmite. Ubuntu Linux (or any Linux distribution) makes for an interesting alternative to Windows and is somewhat of a hobby. I run Ubuntu with Beryl Windows Manager.

8. KC7THH

KC7THH Ham Member QRZ Page

rc helicopters bass riding quads lots of other stuff i fiddle futz with
    since work has been so busy not much other than ham radio since i can get off work, go home, and fire up the station for an hour before i go do chores

9. VA3SAX

VA3SAX Ham Member QRZ Page

I bike, do some software development for the fun of it but in september it stops being my hobby and becomes my education. I play guitar and piano

sub hobbies within radio...there's a lot, homebrewing, satellites, VHF weaksignal(with hilltopping), bicycle mobile, and psk31. I've been working on my WAS on psk whenever my hf antenna is up and I have a little time to do it

10. VO1GXG

VO1GXG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hummm hobbies not including radio related things...

I like to play with my Mac's and linux's [​IMG]

Archery , Pool and Darts are fun to me and i enjoy wood working to a extent . I also like hobbling in the green house growing tea plants and anything else that is uncommon here on the island . I collect Vinyl records and other media formats . I also enjoy vintage car ads , Model cars are another hobby which is on hiatus , Maps and Flags as well as politics and the United Nations . i also enjoy making electronic concauctions .

Radio related :
    I love the HF bands , haven't worked anyone on them yet , I enjoy collecting and restoring antique radios and amplifiers as well as TV's . creating funk antennas and the like is something i have been doing for a long time now its mildly fun . Id like to go on a DX-pedition or on a Field day as well as a Fox hunt, not much of that around here sadly .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.