ad: Sussex-1

Orlando Hamfest

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by KJ4OLL, Feb 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KJ4OLL

KJ4OLL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    This year they opened @ 09:00 Friday, earlier than in the past.
    About 80 degrees today.
    Much more people than I have ever seen attend on a Friday!
    Parking area has been expanded, with staff directing parking spots, well organized.
    Probably not going back Saturday, it will be a zoo.
    Sunday better for me.
    Frank
    KJ4OLL

2. W4AKF

W4AKF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As reported.....I have been going for five years, yesterday was at least twice the attendance from any other year....I got there about 9:30am...and the newly expanded parking lot was PACKED. There was at least twice the cars that were there last year on Friday. And big shout out to Jim from JT communications that makes the tunematic. He gave a a new chip with upgraded firmware for my Tunematic, no charge. Awesome support and product!

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I was there with a Flea Market Spot Friday, and Saturday, and might return tomorrow too.

I had a great time, the weather is warmer and more humid than at home. LOL.

I did wear my waterproof work boots, the grass was damp early in the day. ;)

I was here in 2014, I think there were more tailgaters in 2018.

Many thanks to ALL the volunteers who work so hard.

4. WS4K

WS4K Ham Member QRZ Page

Hamcation is always a BIG show. I worked the with the Orlando club in the 1980's. I know how hard it is to put on an event like this.

This year I went on Friday. First problem, the information booth was in the second building, not the first.
    Second problem they didn't have hand out maps of the Vendors. That meant walking the whole building to look for the commercial booths I wanted to see. They knew where the exhibits were supposed to be. I hope they publish them next time!
    Third, the wifi for the vendors was very intermittent. I felt really bad for some of them as they couldn't log in to run customer credit cards.

Maybe small problems that are certainly fixable. It will not keep me away next year.

5. WB6WCO

WB6WCO Ham Member QRZ Page

I Showed Up Saturday at 10:00 AM...Ended Up At The Flea Market Parking Area...Never Been To An Event Like This...My Hats Off To All That Put This Together.” A Fantastic Group Of People..Quite A Large Crowd...If You Were Looking For Something It Was There...I Found An Old Johnson Ranger,Couldn’t Say No...LOL...My Wife And I Will See Everyone Next Year...”73” Great Fun.”

6. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I had someone take my photo for proof I was there.

upload_2018-2-17_22-7-46.png