ad: UR5CDX-1

Orlando HamCation® February 8, 9 and 10 2013

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by AI4KM, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AI4KM

AI4KM Ham Member QRZ Page

Orlando Amateur Radio Club organizes the 67th HamCation</SPAN>®</SPAN></SPAN> Amateur Radio and Computer Show in Orlando, Florida</SPAN></SPAN>

The theme for the 2013 Orlando HamCation</SPAN>®</SPAN></SPAN>: </SPAN></SPAN>
    “Ham Radio exploring new horizons”.</SPAN></SPAN>

The Central Florida Fairgrounds is the center of activity on</SPAN></SPAN>
    February 8, 9 and 10 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) 2013, </SPAN></SPAN>
    for people interested in Amateur Radio and electronics.</SPAN></SPAN>

With over 150 commercial vendors booths, 400 swap tables together with the largest Tailgate Area in the southeast US, to show and sell amateur radios equipment, parts, computer hardware and software and other interesting items for a growing group of radio and computer enthusiasts. </SPAN></SPAN>

Special interest groups related to Ham Radio also have a place at the Central Florida Fairgrounds.</SPAN></SPAN>

Forums at the 2013 Orlando HamCation</SPAN>®</SPAN> this year will accommodate a wide area of Ham Groups in ‘The Village’ that will address various subjects of interest and other issues important to today’s Radio Amateurs. </SPAN></SPAN>Organizations such as ARRL, the </SPAN>American Radio Relay League</SPAN>, MARS, the </SPAN>Military Affiliate Radio System</SPAN>, </SPAN>Florida Weak Signal Society, and QCWA, the </SPAN>Quarter Century Wireless Association,</SPAN> will have membership meetings during HamCation</SPAN></SPAN>®</SPAN></SPAN>. </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

The Orlando HamCation®</SPAN> will have an Amateur radio station with the call K4H on the air to serve the Ham Radio community as a special event station.</SPAN></SPAN>

Last year the Orlando HamCation®</SPAN> welcomed over 12,000 visitors. The Central Fairgrounds was very well populated, as was the Tailgate area around the buildings. Some area Ham Radio Emergency groups showed their mobile Emergency vehicles in Orlando.</SPAN></SPAN>
    The Orlando HamCation®</SPAN> is a major Ham Radio event; this year acting as the ARRL South Eastern Convention host. Visitors come from all over the world to participate in this event. </SPAN></SPAN>

Updated information is available at the HamCation® website, </SPAN>www.hamcation.com</SPAN> and also on Facebook, the name is hamcation,</SPAN></SPAN>
    and on Twitter: @hamcation.</SPAN></SPAN>

Detailed information is as follows:</SPAN></SPAN>

The Orlando HamCation®</SPAN> is for Ham Radio operators and people interested in Amateur Radio, computers, and electronics. Activities are found in the Commercial building, Craft building, Swaps building and surrounding areas at the Fairgrounds (known as the “Tailgate”) and “The Village’ the place where most of the Forums will be held. </SPAN></SPAN>

The 67th</SPAN> HamCation®</SPAN> will be open to the public February 8, 9 and 10, 2013. Friday, noon to 6 pm, Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm and Sunday, 9 am to 2 pm. Admission is $12.00. Parking is free.</SPAN></SPAN>

Organized by the Orlando Amateur Radio Club. Site: Central Florida Fairgrounds, 4603 West Colonial Drive (SR-50), Orlando FL 32808. </SPAN></SPAN>

Driving directions: I-4 Westbound Exit 83C, I-4 Eastbound Exit 83B. Go to SR 50 (West Colonial Drive). </SPAN></SPAN>

RV $25 per night, no reserved spots. FCC license Exams administered Saturday, pre-registered only.</SPAN></SPAN>
    Talk-In amateur radio frequencies: Repeaters 146.760 (-600) no tone, back-up 147.015 (+600) 103.5 tone, and 146.570 (-600) D-Star.</SPAN></SPAN>

Information: www.hamcation.com, email: info@hamcation.com </SPAN></SPAN>
    Phone: </SPAN>(407) 841-0874. Outside Florida call (800) 214-7541, or write Orlando HamCation,P.O. Box 547811, Orlando FL 32485-7811. </SPAN></SPAN>

2. KB9AMM

KB9AMM Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Headed out the door now!! PERFECT weather for a 'fest!!

4. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

Be there early on Sat.

5. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Beautiful weather and a great crowd for Friday. Icom's booth was full, but Kenwood only had a couple of radios and NOWHERE was the new 990. Maybe they are holding it for Saturday?? Weird . . .

Nice thing about Friday is one can actually move around inside where the Commercial vendors are. The new Flex 6700 is pretty incredible! I still like knobs on my radio, but this is the first time I really went "WOW!" watching what it could do. Ran into a buddy and he already got on the list for one . . . having to wait till September I think he said!

Was out tonight with a ham buddy from the UK and lot's of hamsters out and about at all the restaurants. Reminds me of Dayton.

Saw a Collins 75A4 receiver that appeared MINT! Don't know how the fellow cleaned it up so well . . . . even inside was like a mirror! He got a pretty penny for it also!

Tomorrow should be great!

...............Bob

6. KA7NIQ

KA7NIQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Bob, I could not go this year, and was kind of hoping to hear more about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.