ad: chuckmartin

ORI presentation about ITAR/EAR regulatory relief for amateur radio satellites

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WE4B, Oct 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Chip, do you still insist that rocket motors function by explosion? hint: they don't.

M1WML likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Discursive to the discussion. Moving backwards.

Rocket='controlled explosion'. Not my idea nor provenance of quote.

You don't seem to like me. I am OK with that. Why don't we leave it at that. There are plenty of other folks for you to talk to. I have reached the age where I like to be around positive people who are moving forward. COVID is a good reminder of our own mortality and what's important in living.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not a Scientologist and don't have an opinion on it.

My beliefs are set.

Parsons was an unusual fellow in an unusual time. He certainly is not the first nor the last to be motivated to 'explore the stars' based on a desire for a different political or religious world view. Nothing wrong with taking the positive aspects of what he did and leaving it at that.

Calling on the devil's sister to avenge a wife-steal would not seem to fall in that category;-)

I myself am happy to be in the garden spot of a pale blue dot. I am not haunted by spirits.

Daily, we use Oliver Lodge's patents-- and he was a spiritualist who was obsessed with talking with the here-after. If we had impeded him, we wouldn't be discussing anything over a wireless link.

Bottom line: we should not impede innovators. Cut outrageous government regs and fees that do so.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    WE4B likes this.
  4. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Definition of impend

intransitive verb

1a: to be about to occurthe impending trial
    b: to hover threateningly : MENACE
    2archaic : to hang suspended

W0PV likes this.