ad: ProAudio-1

Opinions please - best choice for my truck HF

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KF2Q, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC5AKB

KC5AKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KF2Q

KF2Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Bought a 857d and very happy with it. Rugged enough for the job, small enough to haul around. Thanks all!

3. WC5B

WC5B Ham Member QRZ Page

If money is not tight, the IC-7000 and TS-480 are both good options for mobile, especially in a noisy truck. The IC-7000 I would find it hard for someone to argue that it does not have the better receiver. (Which can be negated in a noisy environment anyways), while the TS-480 comes in two flavors in which you can pick 200 watts or an Autotuner. If your on a budget however, the FT-857D is in the 600 range NEW! Add the Collins Mechanical filters and it can be one heck of a mobile rig. All come with the option of remote heads. Once you go remote head, you wont go back. The 480 will take up the most real estate while the FT-857 head is almost as small as some Sat Radio Receivers.

4. KD0MPB

KD0MPB Ham Member QRZ Page

i run a hi-q 5-160 i love this antenna had a high sira but it went to high over 13-6 kd0mpb go to hi-qs web site and look a the mounting on the rigs

5. K5XIT

K5XIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, the HX480 is the way to go. I have one in a motor coach for use while parked and in a pickup for mobile use. I use Hi Gain mobile antennas no tuner required and get out just fine thank you. K5XIT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.