ad: Bamatech-1

Operation of YouKits HB-1B

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KD8ZM, Jan 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

By the way, I see now that your link is the same website where I first got the news that Palm had gone out of business and therefore the Palm Pico is no longer available. What are you seeing on this page that tells you that they still are available? Regards.

2. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh My Goodness ! I just posted the link not reading what it said. I had no idea they are not being made anymore. That's sad. I am glad I have three sets of them. Two sets go with the KX3 and KX2. The third set goes with the YouKits. I was thinking of getting another set for the FT991A. I like to keep packages together so when I go portable I am not hunting for items.

Sorry for the misinformation.
    Barry, KU3X

KD8ZM likes this.
  3. KD8ZM

No damage done, I was also hoping they'd been resurrected!

4. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I got burned on a youkits radio. got just out of warranty and the keyer stopped working. No provision to disable it and use your own so it was just a receiver.

5. KD8ZM

Right, it seems to me that's a big downside to the "auto-detect" so-called "feature." For a Chinese radio it's OK, but it's still a Chinese radio at the end of the day. It's been superseded by better things for about the same price, so not sure why anyone would buy one, now.
    Do you think MFJ would be able to make it workable again, for a reasonable price?

6. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

MFJ replaced a 9040 QRP rig for me a number of years ago no problem. May be a bit different with the youkits rig since they dont actually make them. The MTR 3b is a blast to use! I havent had 1 problem in over 2 years now.

7. KD8ZM

I just got my MTR-3b (LCD) last week, and am having a blast with it, making contacts all over the US. Here is a photo of my "hamshack on a clipboard" which has everything I need velcroed to the board. ATU, voltage regulator, paddle, battery, radio. Loads of fun. Can't wait for warmer weather to take this setup portable. Definitely the best fun per dollar ratio in ham radi 20190213_161041.jpg o.

Attached Files:

8. VE7JBX

VE7JBX Ham Member QRZ Page

Just picked up a used but nice condition HB-1B (Mk.1) and Elecraft T1 this morning.... looking forward to trying them out this evening. I'd prefer a MTR or KX2 but those are all a bit $$$$ for me :)

KD8ZM likes this.
  9. VE7JBX

VE7JBX Ham Member QRZ Page

Correction... after reading up on the nuances... I have a "Mk. 2 Mod 2". 80/40/30/20 and has LiPO internal battery with dedicated charger port.

KD8ZM likes this.