ad: k1jek

Operating Remote! Game Changer!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W2RE, May 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

If that's how you feel, why are you being so ugly about it? :rolleyes:

2. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Because I can.:D

3. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Remote operations rocks! Thank you hams for sharing your stations. I have at least a dozen slanted callsigns due to the ability to move my QTH virtually.

While the nay-sayers are whining about nothing on the air, I'm working the world with the help of technology.

It's the old-skool thinking that hinders youth interests when someone poo-poos something they, frankly, just don't understand enough to appreciate.

vy 73

Attached Files:

W9AFB and KA9JLM like this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The Hams that do not like it, Most likely never tried it and they are just jealous. o_O

K2NCC likes this.
  5. DU7DVE

DU7DVE Ham Member QRZ Page

What's next? Fantasy Ham Radio Contesting? Like Fantasy football. :D

6. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

WooHoo!! I just worked Antarctica on 2m with my HT from my underground bunker in Alaska!! ;)

DU7DVE likes this.
  7. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe...

or they would rather pay their car payment than the remoteham bill?

Hey, if you can afford it and still pay the bills, go for it.

8. K2NCC

And like magick, the next 3 out of 4 post demonstrate that ignorance. Knee-jerk reactions to something they obviously don't get with posts about Fantasy, 2M HTs and car payments.

It's no less "real" radio than using your own in person. It takes more than an HT and is nothing like VOIP services such as Echolink, or worse, CQ100.

And I've worked every slanted callsign I have without paying a dime. The OP, although obviously worth it to some, isn't the only source.

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a controversy on its last legs.

No one is requiring you to use remote, but thousands of DXers and contesters are now doing so.

The challenge is summarized in one word: ACCESS

Reminds me of the AM vs SSB controversy in the mid 60's.

I prefer to operate sitting at my home QTH. But business precludes much of that, and listening to retired hams rag about the bogusity of remote, only points out their own distorted view.

Lets make sure you folks that hate remote also dont fly drones....

IMO.

K2NCC likes this.
  10. WR2E

Nothing knee-jerk about it friend. You think this is the first time we've heard of this? Nyet Comrade... it's been around for years and I feel the same about it then as I did back then.

If you can afford it, go for it...

Good that you've found free sites to leech off of... good for you, have fun!

11. KA9JLM

I do it for free. So it really can be affordable.

I do not think that I would pay, But I have never had a HOA.

12. K2NCC

Sounds knee-jerk when you hear the same wrong information from the same complainers. No matter how many years they've held the belief, it's still incomplete at best.

But hey, fine, more open spots for me, thanks!

13. WR2E

Well... you jumped in on a thread regarding the pay for play remotes... at least that's how it was started... until some seemed to steer the conversation to ANY remote operation... and you're using the freebies, so perhaps the relevancy of your participation is questionable?

14. KA9JLM

CQ Contest. :rolleyes:

upload_2017-5-16_15-31-38.png

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    KF5RHI likes this.
  15. W2SFD

W2SFD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks