ad: vanity

Operating on 60 meters

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WY4K, Mar 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

By the way, @KP4SX, there are a number of directors who frequent the 'Z forums. I bet if you sent one of them a PM, they might be able to help you expedite your search for an authoritative statement from ARRL.

Ria, N2RJ, in particular has been very active here in recent months.

1 person likes this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's what I am going to do. So keep it on hold for now until I get a cogent reply.

W0PV and KK5JY like this.
  3. N1FM

N1FM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Okay, let us know what you find out, but bear in mind, only the Commission can give you a definitive answer and it often depends on who you ask!

4. KK5JY

No promises. ;)

Definitely looking forward to what you find out, tho.

5. KY8D

KY8D Subscriber QRZ Page

Capture.PNG
    The above is a snapshot from my ham webpage, showing not quantity of QSOs but accumulated time spent in QSOs. I spend a certain amount of time in actual QSOs on 60 meters. Rag-chews, apparently, all CW (since that's all that ever I do). I quite like the band.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

<this thread> reason #10,634 why we will never have a self-governing body overseeing amateur radio in this country.

Also reason #323,956,103 why we broke away from the clutches of England.

7. N1FM

8. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just thinking ... just what do all the jail house lawyers* really look like sitting in front of their PC keyboards and monitors? :) :)

Sitting Behind PC kybd_small_Clipboard-16.jpg

* Slang; A colloquial term in North American English to refer to an inmate in a jail or other prison who, though usually never having practiced law nor having any formal legal training, informally assists other inmates in legal matters relating to their sentence (e.g. appeal of their sentence, pardons, stays of execution, etc.) or to their conditions in prison.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  9. N1FM

They look exactly like this.

[​IMG]

10. KK5JY

How interesting that the latter link actually encouraged involving the OO system to work towards compliance with single-user and centering rules.