Only A Few States Left

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by W4MAJ, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K4AVL

K4AVL Ham Member QRZ Page

You're almost there. I was lucky on RI to get it fairly early on (started in June), but that's a tough one. I just got into psk31 4 days ago, and worked ID. Now all I need are 2 states
    AK & ND
    and maybe 8 fills if I never get cards from those states, but hopefully at least half of these are on their way sooner or later.
    Post back when you do finally work RI.
    73, Frank (Asheville)

2. W4MAJ

W4MAJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Each dot represents a contact I've made since June.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  3. KN4DS

KN4DS Ham Member QRZ Page

Dunno where the RI guys are... I have RI confirmed in LoTW...

My problems are North Dakota, West Virginia and Alaska, but I'll get 'em...

Then there's the fun of getting confirms in LoTW... but that, too, will come in time, as well.

4. K4AVL

K4AVL Ham Member QRZ Page

As I mentioned, I got lucky with RI early on on 40 meters, a guy was CQ'ing and I snagged him and he was a quick paper QSL. I had a few WV contacts, but no QSL's, but then one day the net control of the OMISS net (Randy) was from WV, and Eqsl'd me the next day. I filled in the last of my northwest states last week on psk31, but still lack ND & AK. I did (barely) hear a couple AK stations near dusk on 40, but never worked them. I worked a few states I needed during the CQ contest about 6-8 weeks ago, and a few more on the 3905 century club. It's rough going with the propagation though, and I have decent antennas but none really high up. I got SD & MT on the 3905cc as well.
    Now on psk31, NV, ID etc are easy.
    For Hawaii, I finally heard one during that same CQ contest, and I stayed put on 20 meters (SSB) for over 45 minutes while he was contesting, and finally there was a window in the propagation where he got louder, and I called back and he actually heard me and confirmed via LOTW. It's rough going, but it's sure satisfying to get this close, the conditions as they are, and also that I had been using a tube rig 90% of the time until the past few weeks.

5. W4MAJ

W4MAJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well folks, that's it! I spoke to Larry, W1GSH, in Rhode Island tonight. A true gentleman. It took us two nights, but we finally found some breathing room on 80 meters that wasn't being used.

I'll post a copy of the Worked All States award as soon as it arrives.

In the meantime, if anyone needs Tennessee, feel free to drop me a line and let me know.

73 from MUSIC CITY, USA [​IMG]

6. KN4DS

KN4DS Ham Member QRZ Page

Oddly, I have Tennessee :p

7. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats William!!

8. KX8C

KX8C QRZ Lifetime Member #153 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Excellent! Just a few more for me AK-NE-DE. Have heard CQ's from all three states but haven't been able to get their attention. Must-get-better-antenna-farm!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.