Online QSL Manager Question

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W2PX, Jul 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W2PX

W2PX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've only been DXing for about a year now and ran into a logging situation I'm not sure how to handle.

I have two instances of contacting special event stations last summer (2 different stations about 2 months apart). Both were 1x1 call signs. I logged them as the 1x1 init LOTW but they were never confirmed. I assumed the logs were simply never uploaded by the other station. Fast-forward to today and I decide to register with eQSL. Upon downloading my eQSL inbox, I found 2 entries that were not in my log. When comparing the dates, times, frequencies, modes, etc... I determined they were the special event stations. It looks like the persons operating under the 1x1's logged the contacts under their personal call signs.

What is the recommended way of handling this?

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Reject them. We were just discussing this in another thread.
    I'll give a guy a break for something like a /M or /QRP difference in the log but claiming contacts under a SE call as your own is just wrong.
    Its simple enough to set up a log for the SE station and avoid such confusion.

W4POT likes this.
  3. W2PX

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and rejected them.

4. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Another issue you may have to consider is that 1X1's are recycled often. If you go to a site like http://www.1x1callsigns.org/ you can look up who the sponsor was on the date(s) that you worked them. Then it's easy to qsl to the correct station. I don't know how LOTW handles these different SES's.

5. W2PX

Thanks. I did check that site as part of my process. However, part of the problem is you can have 1 SE station being manned by multiple people over the course of its temporary assignment. Using the 1x1 call sign lookup site will only provide the call sign of the individual/club that requested/registered its use for that time period and there is no guarantee that's the individual you exchanged with on the contact. Regardless, KP4SX made a good point in that someone working a SE should not be trying to claim those contacts as their own.

6. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent! You'll see that a lot on eQSL. Some are innocent mistakes, others...