ad: MyWorld-1

Online-Only Ham Clubs?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by K4MYK, Aug 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K4MYK

K4MYK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm wondering if there are online-only clubs to join. Most of the time, I can't afford an evening meeting time with young kids at home (including one with her ticket). We both want to be active but evening meetings prove challenging for a number of reasons. Something online might be more family and time friendly.

2 years in and I really haven't done much yet.

2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

It is certainly possible, but I have not actually heard of one yet. More appropriate for a ham club night be the "Meetings On the Air" concept that I have heard of.

3. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

Even though we do have a monthly membership meeting and a monthly tech night, our club concentrates on having an outstanding online presence and you are under no obligation to attend meetings. Please check it out and let me know what you think:
    www.N1FD.org
    ---Layne AE1N

4. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

100 Watts and a Wire is mainly an online club, but does on-the-air gatherings and has a circulating tool bag you can borrow.

K4MYK likes this.
  5. K4MYK

K4MYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Layne,

Thank you. I checked the website and it is filled with great information. I'm going to dig deeper into it over the weekend. I can imagine with Internet radio becoming more prevalent clubs like yours will have a front seat on service.

73 Mike

PS - Loved that it was family-friendly looking too. Kudos to you, not enough clubs consider that.