Online morse text generator

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by LZ3NY, Oct 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. LZ3NY

LZ3NY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    For my personal training, I have created a very basic / simple online morse text generator, located at my website
    http://cw.lz3ny.info

The idea behind, is to be able to transmit/receive morse texts a proper way (groups of 5 and not just a simple english words). It is written on Javascript, so it can be saved and used locally even without Internet. Just "save as" the page. Works on tablets/telephones too.

It will be great if someone finds it useful.

73s Dimitar
    PA8ZB
    (K8ZB/LZ3NY)
    https://www.qrz.com/db/PA8ZB/

KD7ICW, W7TCT, N2AMM and 2 others like this.
  2. KW1L

KW1L Ham Member QRZ Page

Dimitar nice program. Thank about adding a option to read input a file. Example 100 used ham words text file, etc.
    Paul

N2AMM likes this.
  3. LZ3NY

Hi Paul
    "Play custom test" will do the trick already. Just paste the desired words in the field.

Dimitar

PU2OZT likes this.
  4. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice. But... :) a newbie struggling with decoding so still need 5 wpm if possible.

5. LZ3NY

Hi
    I have changed the speed slider to begin from 5 wpm.
    Regards
    73s Dimitar

W7TCT likes this.
  6. K9RDU

K9RDU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just found it this morning. It's already been a big help. I'm tinkering with VB to do something similar in a self-contained program. Care to share the math/code for the spacing (characters, letters, words) so I don't have to re-invent the wheel? My email on qrz is good.

Thanks!
    Nick

7. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

It's all there on the OP's web site. If you are on a PC, click on the link to the program and then, just do a right click and select "view page source". The first 170, or so, lines are CSS followed by the Javascript. It's all pretty easy to read. You can also just save the web page and open it in a HTML editor.

PU2OZT and DD5RK like this.
  8. K9RDU

K9RDU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ahh, thanks. Never thought about that. I'm old school (and old). Binaries for all, php for web databases.
    Thanks again!