Online gaming

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by N4CYA, Oct 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

N6QIC likes this.
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My first games not at an arcade were Wolfenstein and then Doom. I played for many hours back then on my brand new quad speed CD ROM drive.Wolfenstein was one of the free CD ROM games that came with the drive.

quad_speed.jpg

N4CYA and W4RAV like this.
  3. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I remember playing Wolfenstein that was one gory game lol.

N6QIC likes this.
  4. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

But they're SO cute!
    serveimage.jpg

(Until they're big enuff to eat ya!) ;)

Oh, if we only had the science to keep "big game" small enough for an apartment. :)

5. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

TitianFall I & II......

Frank

6. AG5WC

AG5WC Ham Member QRZ Page

I've put far, far too many hours into Fallout: New Vegas and The Long Dark. As a kid, I played an awful lot of Commander Keen.

7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Atari Pong :)

8. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's Galaga or nothing for me !!!
    Got one of them Dollar store consoles with a decent representation of it.

Ed

N7UJU likes this.
  9. AG5WC

AG5WC Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course the thread is about online gaming, so "I sure enjoyed playing Oregon Trail on my Apple II" isn't helping much--this includes the single-player games I listed!

I used to play a lot of Team Fortress 2, and I still do fire it up occasionally. The Pyro is probably my favorite class given how easily it messes up the other team's plans; sorry, spy!

I played Warframe for a while and really enjoyed the freedom of motion. It was also neat how you could drop into somebody's in-progress game and help them out, and even though it was just some random guy it felt very friendly. I eventually lost patience with the grind and stopped playing.

Since middle school I've occasionally devoted chunks of time to playing MUDs, which is a genre that should appeal to the people of QRZ: developed in the 80s, text-only, not nearly as popular as they used to be, can be a good time but you have to "make your own fun". MUDs also maintain a small community of fanatics who believe their games are far, far better than any new-fangled technology we've come up with since... but I can't see any parallels to ham radio there :)

10. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a PONG in the 70s when it was all the rage. I guess I grew out of it.