Online gaming

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by N4CYA, Oct 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What all online games do you play online/Internet? I myself I mostly play Players Unknown Battleground or better known as PubG. I do pretty good in the game when it's me against everybody else. I mostly use the M416 with all the attachments and all depends on what helmet and backpack I find and etc.

- Jamie

N6QIC likes this.
  2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know much about "gaming" but I do know that gamers are a dedicated group of enthusiasts misunderstood by those not into gaming. Kind of like ham radio enthusiasts! I have two sons...one very much into gaming (and his wife and kids also). The other son was never interested other than playing Madden Football with his older brother.

I wonder if any one has ever posted a questionnaire here on the zed to see what percentage of hams are also video game enthusiasts? Results would be interesting. I have a suspicion that many of the older gamers (in my son's generation) got their start in the "role playing" games like D&D. I'll bet D&D is still around in video game form today.

3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Jamie,:)
    Nice to se you here in the forums.

I still have my play station 2 but I have never played online. Still play my old games, SoCom Navy Seals, Formula 1 - 2000, and tiger woods golf. Moto GP is also fun.

radio_station_n6qic_sub_title3.jpg

Have a great day,

73, Lisa

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

If this is some kind of question about game playing, I'm in the section that never cared for games. There were always other things that interested me more.

I have been using/programming/managing/installing computers since I got out of high school (1967). Not just from time to time, every single day. And often, the days seemed like they would never end. I was the lead Unix administrator, where I worked, for most of my 35 years there (retired 2011). Except for a little solitaire now and then, I was never interested in the games. Maybe I was just too involved in the computers or I just not very good at the games. But I still work on my computers every day.

KK4NSF likes this.
  5. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

The one that I still play--and still haven't won after playing it for nearly forty years--is one of the earliest RPGs: Rogue. The farthest I've ever got down was Level 22 (out of 26 where the Amulet of Yendor is hidden).

I first started playing it on on a PDP 11/30 mainframe but now play it online...though I found a DOS emulator (Boxer) for the Mac that I just might install today since I'm home sick and dont' feel like working. That way, I don't to use up some of the bandwidth of my limited ISP plan.

6. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got over 4000 hours into Elite Dangerous. I also like dungeon crawlers and some fps'ers. I also enjoy realistic flight simulators ala X-Plane. When I want to relax, I'll either do some exploring in ED or will fire up an atmospheric puzzle came matching shapes and whatnot. I'm a big fan of Zombie genre games and tend to collect them.

7. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Heya Lisa,

Nice to see you again as well on the forums. SoCom Navy Seals was a very fun game back in the day. :D

Here is my gaming computer.

[​IMG]

N6QIC likes this.
  8. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

The game I play is Ham Radio Contesting. Exciting. Challenging. New Every weekend!

K3XR likes this.
  9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

All y'all are gonna laugh but I usta could not be beat at Missile Command on the old Atari 2600. I took a picture of the TV screen when I broke 1 million (or was it 100,000? can't recall) the first time and sent it to Atari. They sent me a key fob with the Missile Command logo on it. Almost 40 years later and my hand still suffers from those countless hours of playing with my joystick. (Ooops! did I just say that?)

10. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not going to laugh at all - props to you. Defender was my big console game of the day - can still hear the sound when you hit the power ups....