Online course

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI7HFH, May 20, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1TRY

W1TRY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It will never die, it will be forced to change due to loss of government involvement and loss of frequency spectrum.
    Consider, if you will, what would happen if on June 1st, all world governments denied access to all amateur frequencies?
    I think there would be a lot of folks on the new freeband 14 MHz with handles instead of call signs.

KA0USE and KI7HFH like this.
  2. WD4CHP

WD4CHP Ham Member QRZ Page

We used to have them.

I have a 3945 kc transmit crystal about an inch by an inch and a half. You could twik the frequency by rubbing graphite from a pencil on the crystal.

3. WS4JM

WS4JM Ham Member QRZ Page

KA0USE likes this.
  4. KI7HFH

KI7HFH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your courtesy and considerate reply. Others here could learn alot from you.

5. W5LEM

W5LEM Ham Member QRZ Page

The hobby is allowed to become whatever it becomes. I imagine these same conversations have been ongoing for years. I don't believe the repeaters are silent because there aren't enough new licensees to fuel them. And there is talk on here about upgrading your ticket and equipment to leave 2m behind. I upgraded and found that HF is a never-ending, vicious cycle of buying bigger and better systems that renders the hobby suitable only for dot-com billionaires and captains of industry. Since I didn't have the requisite disposable income to play in that arena I sold my gear and went back to 2m. I'm perfectly content with that, as are those in the HF world who no longer have to suffer the slings and arrows of my outrageously meddlesome skill set. This hobby needs regulations and licensure. It costs very little to get in and very little to play on the JV. Having to be licensed shouldn't discourage perspective new amateurs. And the hobby is not dying. Enjoy it.

KI7HFH likes this.
  6. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

i'm a po-boy, not a millionaire or c.o.i. i have an '817 and 2 portable compromise antennas.
    i just bought an ancient mfj cw filter that works for $20 including shipping.
    i'm happy with this gear and grateful to those who work hard to answer my puny calls.
    i have 10 antenna books (most arrl) and one en route. several other books have sections about antennas. most were bought
    at ham fests for very little. i'm still learning after 35 years.

7. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

i've seen these vids. is this spark gap gone wild? could you copy sg on the moon?

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I don't get it o_O

Dave
    W7UUU

9. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just a bunch of crazy Norwegians.

10. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

It is apparently the CB equivalent of a drag race.