One Question and On Suggestion

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by N6TTO, Jul 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We apparently see it somewhat differently.

2. N6TTO

N6TTO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How do you see it?

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

See Post #5.
    Its not a logging/confirmation site like the others.

4. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

First off Welcome to the hobby, award chasing can be a lot of fun and very addicting. As KP4SX said ClubLog is in their own words "a free web-based tool for producing DXCC league tables, expedition tools, log search services and most-wanted lists for ham radio.". It is really more about analyzing log data.

Looking at your page I see you have already started your journey with some of the QRZ awards, getting the endorsements and watching the band slots fill up can be a lot of fun. The stats are cool to when you start seeing your most worked states, grids, prefixes, counties, etc. Because JT modes have allowed for those with compromise antennas to make a lot of contacts I think the awards have gotten more popular, it is also the nature of the mode for quick contacts and that the logging is digital that it fits well for those that chase awards. With that said, don't forget about the other modes, I have found adding CW into the mix has opened up a lot of new awards for me and new ham radio goals. You can spend a lifetime chasing the next piece of paper but be sure to have fun doing it!