ad: Schulman-1

One of the TOP 25 Most Influential Women Is A Ham AC2SN !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, May 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K4CKR

K4CKR Ham Member QRZ Page

Why would anyone do that?

2. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They work as eye protection, when working with UV LED 's

3. K1LO

K1LO Ham Member QRZ Page

People like this get my vote for helping make America great.

Technical Data**

• Adafruit employs 105 people in their 50,000-sq.-ft. factory in Manhattan
    • 100% woman owned, no loans, no venture capital
    • Recorded $45 million in revenue in 2016
    • Received its millionth order in January 2016
    • 14 million website page views and over 2 million uniques a month
    • 34 million YouTube views and over 207,000 subscribers
    • Social media reach: 119,000+ Twitter followers, 2.1 million followers on G+ (4 million for Ladyada), 77,000 Facebook subscribers, 51,000 Instagram followers
    • Limor Fried was featured on the cover of Wired (April, 2011) and was named Entrepreneur of the Year by Entrepreneur magazine in 2012
    • Limor is a founding member of the NYC Industrial Business Advisory Council
    • Adafruit is ranked No. 11 among the top 20 U.S. manufacturing companies, No.1 in New York City by Inc. magazine, and is listed among Inc.’s 5000 “fastest growing private companies”
    • In 2016, Limor was named one of the White House’s “Champions of Change”
    **Reference: http://makezine.com/2017/06/13/open...helm-adafruit-maker-revolution-manufacturing/

MI0YLT, KA8SYV, KI7MDI and 2 others like this.
  4. M0GGW

M0GGW Ham Member QRZ Page

5. AF4RK

AF4RK Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried doing business with her company but they wouldn't ship to my box number, which at the time, was at a UPS Store. So, I use Amazon and Mouser which is ironic because Amazon carries Adafruit, and I believe at the same or lower price. The lady looks great but the company's shipping policy is lame. Even when I am home, the delivery people only slow down when they pass my house so they can throw the package in the bushes! Too busy to walk to my front door and ring the bell! It was interesting when I had my Alpha 86 delivered to my PO Box. The PO Box people were very nice about it.
    AF4RK

6. AI6MC

AI6MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How about the talent of the photographer to properly present his subject? :)

W1YW likes this.