Once again.... PLEASE STOP!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N7MK, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KE5FMY

KE5FMY Ham Member QRZ Page

I am in a similar situation. I have had a license for a couple years and am trying to get some scouts more interested in the hobby. Reading the posts here and reading some other stories, I have to wonder if it is really worth the effort sometimes.

I am amazed at the lack of sensitivity and kindness shown in the posts on this site. The rules are made. We should follow them. If there is a rule you do not like. Quit complaining about the rule and find a way to work with the rule maker to improve the rules.

2. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Before DeGaulle established the Fifth Republic in France during the late 50's, the French were regarded as the most ungovernable nation on earth.

Threads like this one show why Americans have surpassed the French as "MOST UNGOVERNABLE"!

JERRY

N9LCD

3. ae5eh

ae5eh Guest

They are are not so hot on simple math either. Getting them to log flight time and landings can be a chore.

Don't tell them that though.

Their egos are fragile.

But, they are pilots and can never be wrong. [​IMG]

4. ae5eh

ae5eh Guest

This internet, not ham radio. Try to lighten up. Enjoy radio on the air. Not on the internet. [​IMG]

5. W3RXO

W3RXO Ham Member QRZ Page

I tend to agree with those who are more irritated by the obvious misspellings, than they are, by the use of the words "For Sale". While it is obvious, that in a forum, of "Items For Sale", it is unnecessary to use the phrasing "For Sale", we are creatures of habit, and it is common practice, from days past, when print ads often did not differentiate between "Items For Sale" and "Items Wanted".
    However, the growing inadequacy of written grammar, and spelling, is appalling, at best. Since this thread is here, I will take the opportunity to speak from my soapbox. The "dumbing down" of society has been greatly accelerating, as time passes. What, with the advent of spell checking and grammar checking software, our youth have had no incentive to improve their spelling and grammar skills. And, while much of the blame goes to our (non)education system, another good portion goes to parents, who leave their children's fundamental learning, to that (non)education system. But, the biggest part of the blame goes to society itself, for allowing, by omission of correction, this pattern to snowball. We see it every day, yet it has become so politically incorrect, to correct someone else's errors, lest we be judged for being "judgmental".
    It is a prime example of the law of unintended consequences. Technology has evolved as a means to make life easier and simpler, yet, seemingly, at every turn, technology has only made life more and more complicated. Yet, other than those of us who know better, taking the time to correct others' mistakes, I see no realistic solution.
    Thanks for the opportunity to preach from my little soapbox, for a few moments. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. KA8DKT

KA8DKT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I quite agree. And posting on this forum is one way to do that.

-gary

7. W1WDX

W1WDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Is it for sale or not??[​IMG]

8. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.