ad: ProAudio-1

Once again.... PLEASE STOP!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N7MK, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W6AWS

W6AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WH7WP

WH7WP Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems to me that we are all guests in this house. As such ,when the host of the house asks that we refrain, from running naked, we do. Seems to me you sign on to rules, no matter how weird, you signed on-you follow period. Refrence; FCC Part 95. Do you follow?:rock:

3. N9TGW

N9TGW Ham Member QRZ Page

Food for thought:

This really isn't a free service just because you don't pay for it.
    Someone does.

Adding extra garbage to the ads does multiple things:
    Wastes space
    Wastes bandwidth
    Adds more text that the search engine has to parse.

I could go on but the fact is it simply is bad form to be redundant (get the message?), so I won't.

4. K8CBS

K8CBS Ham Member QRZ Page

I even read the dont put the For Sale in the title and still did, went back to edit and could not edit the title. Calling people stupid is not the answer for this mistake, we may not all have the higher education that you feel you have but all of us have something that we are great at, and even some one with your higher education may not know anything about the item that person can master, so does that make you Stupid?? No matter how smart or great you think you are, someone else can always be found to do something better. So think before you state someone is stupid, remember you have one mouth and two ears listen before you speak.

5. KI6NCU

KI6NCU Ham Member QRZ Page

I would have to agree.....this thread appeared immediately as I poked around here...wow, as a new HAM - Not interested in the nit noid stuff that you folks are complaining about. Seems pretty petty to me. This is why many young people will not follow the HAM tradition. My kids laugh at me when I suggest they take their test, because they read these posts and listen to childish crap on 2M in the car. WShy is it so hard for us to just get along. QRZ in only one of many sites that offer resources to the HAM community. Sorry...but this seems pretty petty to me. Lets worry about bigger issues. My first, and probably last post here.

6. KI6NCU

BTW - Don't bother slamming me on the two typos.

7. KI6NCU

Ok, as a sys admin, I just have to weigh in on one more point...The extra handful of characters does not (Quoting here):

Wastes space
    Wastes bandwidth
    Adds more text that the search engine has to parse.

20 years ago, yep absolutely. In the days of terabyte harddrives and multimegabit connections...nope sorry - that is a non issue. If you're still on dial up...you're in the minority, and regardless, a handfull of extra bytes is not going to effect your experience. If you can't get terrestrial broadband - get Wildblue. I am in agreement with some of the points here, but yours are totally invalid.

Yes, the moderator does pay for the server space....albeit with some significant advertiser offset...we also pay for it by watching the ads. It's not quite black and white. The moderator get's paid for links followed and the ads viewed.

8. KC4RAN

KC4RAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh noes, the admin gets paid for page views so I don't have to respect his wishes and do as he asks...

OH NOES!! IT'S FASCIST I TELL YA!!

:rolleyes:

9. OVERVOLTS

OVERVOLTS QRZ Member

Doesn't the use of extraneous details use up bandwidth? That what it's about? [​IMG]

10. K4EEZ

K4EEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Can sombody Please translate that into CW?
    [​IMG]

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.