Once again.... PLEASE STOP!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N7MK, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC4RAN

KC4RAN Ham Member QRZ Page

The only 'power' you wield is whether or not you come. If you feel so vehemently that you should be allowed to do whatever the hell you feel like doing instead of what he asks, then why not use your 'power'?

Leave.

Geez.

"I know he said not to do it, but I believe since *we* pay *his* bills, we should get to do it anyway!!"

[​IMG]

Please, by all means, go 'wield your power'.

2. KC4RAN

I agree completely. Too bad *some* believe that they can do whatever they want and that it's OK to ignore the requests of their gracious host.

3. KC4YLV

KC4YLV Ham Member QRZ Page

Look, I'm just trying to give some insight and suggestion as to WHY people oppose this too much, and the dangers of being a 'no-tolerance' admin. I've seen so many forums disintegrate because the admins got power-hungry and the people wouldn't tolerate it. If the admins were supporting a family, it'd be a pretty stupid move to cause their own site to disintegrate just because they think it's "more efficient" to ban the words "for sale" from the for sale forum. For God's sake, everybody's on 10 megabit cable these days.

But whatever, in the long run I don't care [​IMG] there are other sites and if I get hit with a banstick or the site folds there are still other great sites where I can go and discuss the radio art, as is the intent of these forums

BTW I appreciate your intents but your posts are getting pretty obnoxious and rude about this issue. just calling it like i've read it. But I'm sure you'll just tell me to "get out" again anyways.

4. KC4RAN

I'm rarely like this, but the tone of your post is one that says you can do anything you want. You talk about what is typically done on other boards, well there's a big one you're forgetting.

Don't take your problems with the admin to the public. Discuss it in private. Leave it there.

If you feel like you have a legitimate reason that you should be allowed to do what you want to do, PM him. Discuss it with him. But coming here and pissing and moaning because you can't put "FOR SALE" in the title of a post that's in the "For Sale" section is simply asinine and childish. Calling his actions "micromanagement, pedantic, trivial" is another attempt at insulting him.

I have no idea what your trip is, but coming here to have a public argument with the site admin over his policies is the definition of stupidity. Posting derrogatory crap like this is idiotic, and your attitude of "I should be allowed to do what I want because I pay his bills" is insulting and shortsighted.

As for the "go away", let's read a snippit from your post...

YOU don't collectively have jack. You have one 'power', and that's your personal decision whether or not you contribute to his ad revenue. If you have some other power, please let me know, but until you hack the site or something else, you have exactly one form of influence over his actions. So rather than piss and moan about his actions, please by all means: Exercise your influence!

And I've seen even more forums fall apart because there was too little moderation and too much tolerance. Do you see any of the "FIRST POST" crap going on here? No. ASCII art? Nope. People spamming in multiple threads? Rarely, and dealt with. The discussion is just that, discussion. No pedantic little post games, no thread bombing, none of that... except for this rant thread by people (like you) who believe it is their God Given Right to put "FOR SALE" on thread topics in a "For Sale" forum, and even worse, "we collectively have the power" forum crybabies like you who come here and publicly insult the forum admin and demand that he change his ways.

I can tell. That's why you keep coming back to defend yourself, right?

Riiiight.

5. K2ID

K2ID Ham Member QRZ Page

Like the others I say what does it matter. There is no logical reason why it should matter what is posted in the topic title. To make matters worse, the software does not let the user correct his post or delete it. I made a mistake of putting for sale in my topic because that is what I do at all the other sites I sell my gear on. I saw your post too late but your software will not let me make the changes you require so you have to do it and that is due not to my lack of desire to correct my own mistakes but the lack of providing me the tools to do so.

I think I will just stick with qth.com as it is a little scary seeing the reaction to such an inconsequential matter.

6. KC4RAN

Link to Forum

Instructions for the forum:

Note that everything you're talking about is already covered in the instructions you're supposed to read *before* you post your ad? The section talking about not putting "for sale" in the title is even bolded... for your convenience and reading pleasure.

And yet, still people want to argue and complain...

"Please don't."

"But why not? I wanna, I wanna, I wanna!! And it's my right, I pay your bills!! And you're micromanaging us!! And and and..."

7. K2ID

K2ID Ham Member QRZ Page

I posted "for sale" but my gracious host does not provide me with any software tools to correct my post or delete it. That is not very gracious. [​IMG] How you can complain about something when you do not provide the means for anyone to correct their mistakes? The posting rules on this site are contrary to most other sites where you post goods for sale and that is why so many do not follow the rules. Some people love rules whether they make sense or not ┬ábut I am not one of them.

8. KC4YLV

KC4YLV Ham Member QRZ Page

I realize that it infuriates you because it appears to be a very simple and basic rule - don't post "For Sale" in the for sale forum , and I've explained why it's a bad rule.

If you'd like to keep defending it and accusing me of feeling I have a "God Given" right to anything (agnostic here BTW so that's pretty unlikely) and 'demanding' that the admins change their ways, then it's your right to do so, just as it's my right to point out flaws in the system and reasoned justification as to why the admins should change them.

Have a great afternoon!

9. K2ID

K2ID Ham Member QRZ Page

Note that everything you're talking about is already covered in the instructions you're supposed to read *before* you post your ad? The section talking about not putting "for sale" in the title is even bolded... for your convenience and reading pleasure.

And yet, still people want to argue and complain...

"Please don't."

The moderator has the right to complain about wasting his time but we users also have the right to complain about software that does not allow us to modify the topic title or delete our post. I often waste time here opening post only to find out an item was sold. This is much more of a problem than putting the words for sale in the title. I can understand it if the topic only says for sale as that also wastes my time but putting those words there with the item description does no harm.

Come on, not providing the means to delete a post for something that is already sold is a waste of OUR time. It works both ways. I know it is a tough job being a moderator as I have been one a few times but this whole thing revolves around a very small issue and is the result of software not up to the task.

10. KA8DKT

KA8DKT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ahh, but you can edit the post content to read "Sold" even if you cannot edit the headers.

-gary

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.