Once again.... PLEASE STOP!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N7MK, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA5LQJ

KA5LQJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ya' Know.....

I really do want to give folks benefit of a doubt, but it's extremely tough when folks are SOOOOO illerate they can't read and abide by the rules.

The For Sale thing doesn't bother me as much as those I see clearly are in utter disregard for the set standards by posting non-ham equipment items in this forum, clearly marked as for only Amateur gear, not computers, CB, FRS, etc.

Maybe a deletion of their post and a two week ban from posting anything on QRZ would be in order.   [​IMG]    [​IMG]

(E-Mauls aka. flames will be promptly extinguished by fire companies 7,8, & 10 in Shreveport, LA.)

Respectfully,

Don/KA5-LQJ

2. N2ACM

N2ACM Ham Member QRZ Page

I can understand the problem with putting "for sale or FT, for trade" in the heading for a listing as I have been looking for a Yaesu FT series rig and all adds with "FT" in the heading are being returned even if what I am looking for isn't in the post.

Art
    KC2RNA

3. W8ERV

W8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I can understand it, as well. The man who moderates this has kindly ASKED several times to have it stop. Quite simply, if we don't he COULD pull the plug and then some of these smug, arrogant hams will have themselves to blame for it.

dit dit
    Erv W8ERV

4. N6KX

N6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

Right on, Erv!

Howie N6KX  [​IMG]

5. KW7DSP

KW7DSP Ham Member QRZ Page

The rules are the rules. Even if they make no sense it is irrelevant as the rules are still the rules. You don’t like it go elsewhere, or spend the time and money to create your own board with different rules. And a few dozen offended hard heads that do go else where are not a threat to an established board with a good reputation. What is so hard about not putting the words For Sale or FS in a heading? Habit? Well break it and get over it.

6. W8JI

W8JI Ham Member QRZ Page

The world functions well only when people follow general rules or behavior patterns.

This site does not belong to you, and you don't pay for it.

When you start your own site THEN you can make the rules any way you like. Until then have some respect and do what the owners or workers want.

As for my own opinion, I find the words "for sale" with nothing else in the header irritating and idiotic. It's just as bad as the people who want something posting in a "for sale"group without saying "wanted".

How disrespectful or thoughtless are some people anyway? When we are guests, shut the %$^& up and follow the rules of the host. It's common sense.

7. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ha! I found the EXCEPTION!
    In the "Stuff For Sale - General Merchandise" forum if someone was to list a "FOUR SAIL - Ship!".

Yup.

KL7FZ

8. N1BHH

N1BHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't people see that the name says "Ham Radio Items FOR SALE"? I guess that must mean they can put wanted items in too? There is a place for those too. People are so narrow minded, or they just don't have one, or maybe they just can't comprehend. Maybe they need to go back to school. No wait, schools don't teach anything today, except illiteracy.

9. KA6ZWM

KA6ZWM Ham Member QRZ Page

GREAT CALL !! D.STEPHEN ( STEVE ) PICKERING.
    iT saves us time !!! Especially for those of us that can't
    spell FOR SAIL !! ka6zwm

10. KC9GUZ

KC9GUZ QRZ Member

This is why i dont hardly get on QRZ much anymore. Too many anal retentive hams on here that are intolerant to small and picky things.

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.