ad: k1jek

On The Road to The Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG5AHJ, Aug 4, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KG5AHJ

KG5AHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

ROAD Trip time, I join Mike @K8MRD RADIO STUFF (K8MRD) and @Ham Radio 2.0 (KC5HWB). More videos to come, POTA activations, and finally my day at the Grand Canyon. THIS was an awesome Radio trip full of Fun park activations, hanging out for with friends, and filled with amazing views.

Frank L.
    (KG5AHJ)

K0UO likes this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I love Haming from the SW U.S.A. (Rt66)

Have fun
    73 from,
    The K0UO " Rhombic Antenna Farm" 2 miles of wire in the Air & On the AIR daily

KG5AHJ likes this.
  3. KI4POT

KI4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was just out that way in late June. I've never been to the SW deserts before and was geeking out over it the entire time. Between my digital camera and film camera, I shot over 1000 frames. :D

We spent an entire week driving around the region, hitting all the big tourist traps (GC, Meteor Crater, Sedona, Durango, Bryce Canyon, Petrified Forest, Painted Desert, Saguaro National Park, Monument Valley, Four Corners, the Navajo Rez, Hoover Dam, Vegas, etc)

Radio-wise, all I did a SOTA activation at Grandview Benchmark near the Grand Canyon. It was a drive up and something I could do without inconveniencing my family (all 11 of us) much. :D

I want to go back. Hell, I think I want to move out there.

Chris

K6CLS likes this.
  4. KG5AHJ

Me too, My POTA Video is coming up this Monday. Stay Tuned

WV4M and K0UO like this.
  5. KG5AHJ

AGREED, I am so jellouse of the Radio operations that live in that area. The parks they have are really super unique. Sounds like you had a great time. Who knows what we will do next year.

K0UO likes this.
  6. AD7SK

AD7SK Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to move out of there.