ad: Retevis-1

On the air, subject content

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, May 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

AL Bowles writes "The clarity on what can and cannot be talked about on the air is not clear. My XYL and I run the two meter band, my neighbor is also a ham and monitors the same simplex frequency that we use. He constantly tells us that everything we say is illegal.

She will reach her destination and clear off the air. He say's "that's not legal, it's a one way transmission". Yet I hear dozens of hams come on the air and announce that they are monitoring.

I told her yesterday "the mail is here". He came right on and told me "That isn't legal, it isn't ham radio related." The weather isn't ham radio related either, but that seems to be a very popular subject. The problem I seem to have is not finding anything in the rules about subject content, other than the obvious.

I've been a ham since 1979, my XYL has only been a ham for a year now so these issues hadn't ever come up before. We are very considerate of others and we try not to get to specific or detailed. I may ask her to pick up a loaf of bread, etc. I've talked to other ham couples and they seem to do the same things we do. Any insight to this subject would sure be appreciated.

73's K7AHB & KA7NNE"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.