ad: w5yi

On The Air magazine

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W0IS, Jan 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

I posted this in the CEO thread but it should also go here. About two years ago, my daughter W4AQT, got to be a beta tester of the On the Air magazine. She got a beta copy of it in the mail and was able to read it, review it, and offer input through surveys regarding the magazine. I'm not always the biggest fan of the ARRL, but both my daughter and I are members and I would like to say that it's obvious that the ARRL did listen to input from those that participated in the beta version of the publication and I will give them credit for producing a good publication for new hams entering the hobby. Is it perfect, probably not but I do want to give them credit for not 'rushing it to the market' and for soliciting input from new hams both young and old. W4AQT was only 11 at that time and even though she was highly active she enjoyed the beta copy of the magazine. Not all new hams have a Elmer that happens to live with them and I think this publication will be useful for new hams.

K2CAJ, N2EY and N3AWS like this.
  2. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

The longest journey begins with a single step.

Is this new magazine an end to all the issues in our hobby? Probably not.

But it is a step in the right direction.

73 and have fun!

Jim N3AWS

KI5X, K8PG, K8BZ and 1 other person like this.
  3. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why?

There is a print button. Lets you select some or all pages. Prints to a PDF writer or a physical printer.

W4NNF and KG4WRQ like this.
  4. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Out of curiosity....

Anyone here thinking of submitting an article?

N2EY likes this.