OLDEST HAM at 106 IS GUEST ON HAM NATION

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K9EID, Jul 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

If I should live so long, ham radio will probably be a little chip behind your ear, connected directly to your brain. If they still have QRM, that will really be a headache!

2. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

What's freaky is when you talk to people this old, and when they were young, they knew old people who'd remembered the US Civil War.

KB0FKT and N4NYK like this.
  3. KD2IWN

KD2IWN Ham Member QRZ Page

I always enjoy watching these episodes with these great Elmers that have so many stories and wisdom to pass on to us either just in our first five years or a seasoned veteran.

4. 2I0KIC

2I0KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Keith, Hope your keeping well, And what ever your doing keep it up as its working well for you.
    TAKE CARE YOU AND YOURS 73s GOD BLESS.
    KEVIN

KC9ARP likes this.
  5. KK4AGN

KK4AGN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My husband Gary and I (KK4AGN) so enjoyed our visit with Cliff W4KKP who lives in White Rock, SC, December 2017 when I interviewed him for a newsletter article for the Anderson Radio Club's newsletter. Cliff told us very interesting stories about his background in amateur radio. The three of us were amazed that Cliff graduated from the same high school that my husband and I graduated from 31 years later at Boonton High School, Boonton NJ. My article about Cliff is in the June 2018 QST magazine. I'll be listening tonight for Ham Nation's interview with Cliff Kayhart, W4KKP. Margie Spangenberg, KK4AGN

Attached Files:

KC9ARP and KD2PPY like this.
  6. KD2PPY

KD2PPY Ham Member QRZ Page

Most Definitely!

7. W2MB

W2MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Margie,

By chance is your husband related to Lester Spanbenberg, ex:W2MB, a silent key from Lodi and Clifton? He was the initial holder of my call in the early 1900's.

Mark, W2MB

8. WO4L

WO4L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear Cliff nice to see you are going to be on Ham Nation with another radio great Mr Bob Heil thank you for our 40 mtr contact and glad you liked the civil war pics i sent to you.. You are awe inspiring and thanks to you many lives were saved by the antennas you put up during the war.. gee where was Lou McCoy then LOL I hope you have many more years of the Hobby and your qso's be many.. very 73 with 73 yrs of respect to you sir respectfully WO4L Bob Hess

9. KD9CLH

KD9CLH Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a nice QSO with Cliff over a year ago. He is a real treasure for the Amateur Radio community!

10. K1SX

K1SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Amazing bio! Thank you Cliff.