Old Contacts Search

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by K5TIA, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K5TIA

K5TIA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How do i check to see if I have contacted a station in the past?

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Open your logbook using My Logbook menu selection.

Find the "Search" box under the Control Tab at the left.

Enter the station's callsign and click on the Search button. If you worked it a list of QSOs will appear.

3. K5TIA

Thank you for your reply. After a little searching I found this nice feature which lists all previous QSO with that station, however, it would be convenient for me to see if I have worked a station on their front page when I key in a call to so who they are without the extra key-strokes. Having fun with QRZ. Nice work guys. 73 K5TIA

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

See: http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.ph...normal-call-lookup-page&p=2817310#post2817310

5. K5TIA

Has this action ever been tested? Also, how do I document sending out a paper QSL card to a contact logged in QRZ after the QSO is closed?
    If a new request for a log upload is made, how do I filter out previous contacts so that they are not duplicated in the upload?

6. W1DQ

The search function on the open Logbook's Control tab does work.

You need to document sending out a paper QSL card before electronically confirming the QSO, otherwise you can no longer Edit the record.

To prevent duplication, you must not again upload a previously uploaded record. You can use a free utility such as ADIF Master (Google - ADIF Master) to reorganize and save a new ADIF file.

7. W8SMF

W8SMF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a plan to provide a 'selectable' feature that brings up the 'prior QSO list' along with the 'home page'?

In my case, this feature would be a great enhancement to what otherwise is very nice log book.

8. W1DQ

The feature is recognized as being highly desireable but the software has yet to be written. There is a new revision underway but taking a back seat at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.