Old Amateur Radio Callbooks Available

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4KJG, Feb 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

WK0DX, K2NCC and N2EY like this.
  2. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, that's an extremely useful resource. I have links to a few others on my website:

http://w0is.com/oldcallsigns/oldcalls.html

The nice thing about the archive.org ones is that they seem to be picked up by Google. So it's usually possible to search them by name when the invariable question of "what was Grandpa's old call sign" comes up. Usually a search similar to the following will work:

NAME callbook site:archive.org

That works if they have an unusual last name. If it's a common last name, you might need to try variations of their full name:

"John Q Smith" callbook site:archive.org

Most, but not all names, are in that format, so that often works. Another option is to search by their address:

"1234 Main" callbook site:archive.org

K2NCC and N2EY like this.
  3. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I must be missing something, could not look up my old calls, such as W4OEY??

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

4. KB7QPS

KB7QPS Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm in 2 of them!

5. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Wow.

6. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I won't tell if you don't-----

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

7. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

If anyone cares to contribute; 1934, 1935, 1939, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1985, 1992, 1996
    Please get a hold of me.

8. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Doesn't seem to be a searchable index. I reviewed 1969 Callbook (picked at random) and found W4OEY assigned to Roland Hill in New Bern, NC. When did you get that call?

9. KC1BMD

KC1BMD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I know this thread is a bit old but not nearly as old as the research I was doing. I had no documentation of my Novice or General call signs from the late 60's (after being away for 45+ years) but these references are great. Thanks so much for posting this! I also was able to locate my two elmers (both SK now). Great stuff!

10. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

You are welcome. I was hoping by now a few other folks would have joined in and scanned what they have. Specifically more foreign books.