Oklahoma Amateur License Plate Requirements

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0IRW, Jul 3, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5WTC

W5WTC Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the Oklahoma plate/s. It is the only plate format in the state that issues two plates, front and rear. all other plates are rear only. Only the tax decal is provided on the rear plate. the Front plate is simply marked as "front plate". it is also the cheapest to renew out of all the vanity plate options. ( I believe only 8 bucks if you do it in person)
    I have state trooper friends and have even been pulled over. None of them were aware or knew the reason for two plates. nor can i find anyone that knows of the reason for two plates.

Normally i don't run vanity plates but in the case of my pickup truck. It covers up the ugly Oklahoma "bird" plate that is universally hated in Oklahoma. Also my truck is registered as a farm vehicle. Although other states must accept it, they don't like it. the radio tag covers up the farm tag and officers don't know the difference unless they run the tag. simply keeps them from pulling you over when they see a farm tag. (also don't have to wear seat belts in farm vehicles)

2. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

Is your farm tag its own plate or a sticker? ours is its own plate, don't think you can do a vanity on a farm plate here its one or the other.

3. W5WTC

W5WTC Ham Member QRZ Page

it is its own/only plate. it was no issue to apply and receive the radio plates.

4. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

interesting OK might have different rules about "farm" plated vehicles then Indiana, Indiana quit issuing farm plates to anything under GVW 11KLBS and if you had farm plates you couldn't travel but 100miles from your farm location.