Okay, I'm nuts -- thinking of learning Morse code now that I'm retired

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KC5RR, Oct 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok Randy, it's time for a update here on your progress. 73 RAC

2. W9RAC

Have we lost your efforts as a CW OP?

3. VE3BXG

VE3BXG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I decided to learn code when I was 60. That was two years ago and am now head copying at about 24 WPM. And yes, I used Code Quick. It was great

W9RAC likes this.
  4. W9RAC

Mark I think you and I have QSO in the last year or so. Id have to take a look in the log which is still paper. Im not smart enough to use a electronic. I remembered as soon as I seen your call. I have/had a very hard time with it. That sequence for me for some reason is hard to send. Low skilled OP here. Anyway I do remember the QSO because of that. Great job you do with the CW for sure at 24 wpm head copy and the quick code, nice success story. Ill probably never get there. I can copy at 24 but generally get behind before its over so its a bit over my limit of 21ish. 73 Rich

5. N0NB

N0NB Ham Member QRZ Page

If I could rewind and do over I would forget Code Quick and have a mentor or attend a class. Alas, it is too late for me...

Another good option is https://lcwo.net/ which can be accessed via any Web browser. It would have been nice to have had a resource like that available in the early '80s. Oh well...