ad: Correctmanual-1

OH COME ON!!!! Verification Code? Every time I log in????

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KA9MOT, Jul 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Seriously? I'm disabled. It takes a crap ton (that's a lot of crap!) of effort to get my cell phone from the other room because you want a Verification Code? Really?

What a pain in the ___________! (Fill in the blank)

2. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Turn it off.

Click on your call sign in the upper left of this page. Then find the "two factor authentication" on the lower right. click on that and use the page to turn of the two factor authentication.

N0TZU and W5PFG like this.
  3. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a good system. If you don't like it, turn it off.

ND6M likes this.
  4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

EVERY time you log on???????

I guess that depends on how you operate your computer.

I log off and then back on every time I access/leave this site.

Since I enabled the verification settings, I have only had to update the logon verification twice.

QUESTION: Do you have the box checked to enable the site to allow access and NOT require a new verification each time you log on?

5. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you getting the "keep this computer active for 30 days" message? That's the only time I have to input the code (or when I use a different computer).

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

AE7BT, N0TZU, W5PFG and 1 other person like this.
  6. KA9MOT

I use multiple computers. Signing into one triggers the verification code on the other. If I want to check callsign information on QRZDroid and follow that to QRZ to see the QRZ page it triggers a verification code on my phone, use one of my laptops away from home or just in the other room, triggers a Verification Code...... There has to be a way to make the verification stick.

7. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I use multiple computers,.... and don't have any issues.

8. KA9MOT

Yeah, you're right. I make this stuff up as I go.......just because I need the attention........... disregard......

I don't log out. It seems when I go to another computer, I have to log in there and get the Verification Code request. When I go back to the shack computer, I have been logged out and need to get a Verification Code Request.
    Yes, the little box is checked.

9. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve, I think 2FA is designed as another layer of security to pick-up on exactly what you're doing.

If you're logging into and out of QRZ on multiple devices, frequently - this could understandably be considered suspicious behavior.

The only other option, aside from turning 2FA off, would be to carry your phone with you so it was always available when you needed it.

Good luck !
    Jim, WQ2H