"Offline for Alert List Review"

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KD2TTM, Jun 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD2TTM

KD2TTM Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh yeah... I forgot about that.

But the 'red light' came first, then after they reviewed it they put it on the 'alert list' I guess for someone to look at.

I wonder if it's just some sort of 'random' audit that they do. You know like a Quality Assurance sample test. One out of every so many get pulled to review.

AK5B likes this.
  3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

... and then it was granted on 6/25/20

History
    Date Event
    06/25/2020 Application Granted
    06/25/2020 Redlight Review Completed
    06/25/2020 Alert List Review Completed
    06/16/2020 Offlined for Alert List Review
    06/16/2020 Redlight Review Completed
    06/16/2020 Modification Received

AK5B and KD2TTM like this.
  4. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

hah Just remember, a watched pot never boils and idle hands are the devil's workshop! Find something to fill your time and the next thing you know, it will all come together.

Congrats on obtaining your General! See you on the air!

WJ4U, AK5B and KD2TTM like this.
  5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally!

KD2TTM likes this.
  6. KD2TTM

KD2TTM Ham Member QRZ Page

...and as of 11:06 EST, an FCC database license search still shows me as Technician class even though the admin pages show the upgrade to General was approved!

Hopefully, everything will be updated soon. :)

7. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, you are not technically a general until it shows that on the ULS main page, or reference copy of the license.

KD2TTM likes this.
  8. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep; it is I with the brand spankin' new 4-character 7-syllable super-duper nifty call that will make my contesting and dxing life so much easier, Jeff. I was so delighted to learn that, while I applied for 4 calls that were available the one I received was initially my first choice (and only liked the phonetics and one less syllable of the one that ended up on my ULS application as first choice, AJ5J as second).

We are moving down the street next month/August and once settled in to our new QTH I plan to be a lot more active in a less restricted environment, too. :)

I like America, I like Japan, I like the 5th call area where we live, and my name, like yours, is also Jeff.:):):):)

73!

W7UUU and WR2E like this.
  9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Novice test 1980, license took three months to arrive. I learned my callsign from sample QSL cards sent from The Little Print Shop, about two weeks before the ticket arrived.

KD2TTM likes this.
  10. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The ULS system will update overnight. Your bio page indicates you are retired from the USPS. Some might conclude there is a little bit of irony here. :p

WJ4U, AK5B and KD2TTM like this.