"Offline for Alert List Review"

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KD2TTM, Jun 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD2TTM

KD2TTM Ham Member QRZ Page

I passed the General exam on 13JUN20 and the FCC has yet to change my classification. Apparently, someone they don't like has the same or similar name so my paperwork got kicked out of the system for an individual review. :(

I talked to a woman at FCC licensing this morning and she told me to hang in there and not call back until the end of next week.

I've only found one reference to this here on the forum and it appears that individual got his upgrade in just a couple of days. Has anyone else here had this happen? How long was your upgrade delayed?

2. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Timing all depends on your VE Team and who the VEC is. If they have to mail the packet from the testing session to process then it can take a week. Our club goes through the Laurel VEC and is handled on-line. The paperwork is mailed but doesn't hold up the processing.

On our last test session held at 7PM, all who passed had their callsigns posted on the FCC site by 9PM, thanks to the speedy processing by the Laurel VEC folks!

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

3. KD2TTM

The VEs/VEC provided the test results to the FCC immediately. Everyone else who tested that day got their new Tech tickets or upgrades by the middle of the week. My modification was pulled out by the FCC during processing for further review; it didn't have anything to do with VE/VEC action.

4. KD2TTM

I'm still waiting... :mad:

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

If you got the proper form from your VE then you can operate as KD2TTM/AG.

Old timers will tell you they had to wait weeks, months even, to get their upgrade.

KA0HCP likes this.
  6. KD2TTM

I do have my ARRL certificate of successful completion of examination and I have been operating with the "/AG" suffix. I just wish the FCC would complete the paperwork. I also wish I could find out why my paperwork triggered the alert list review process. It's kind of creepy being on some kind of mysterious government list! :eek:

7. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

according to your FRN account TRANS LOG , you were upgraded to General on 6/16/20

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applTransLog.jsp?applID=12141663

File Number 0009115524 Radio Service HA - Amateur
    Call Sign KD2TTM Application Status 2 - Pending
    Transactions
    Date Description Existing Value Requested Value
    06/16/2020 Previous Amateur operator class code changed T
    06/16/2020 Systematic callsign change indicator changed N
    06/16/2020 Operator Class changed T G

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not to frivolously tell "old fart stories" - but things are SO different today!!

I passed my Novice test (CW & written) around December 17, 1974 and did not receive my actual license until March 13, 1975 ... that's EIGHTY SEVEN DAYS!!!!

Moral: just give it some time - compared to the "old days" it won't be all that long I can promise :)

Dave
    W7UUU

AH7I, KA0HCP, AJ5J and 2 others like this.
  9. KD2TTM

If you click on my call sign on that page, you'll see my class is still listed as "Technician." The upgrade is still pending, 11 days after I passed the exam and eight days after the paperwork to upgrade was submitted. I realize that this isn't that long of a period of time, but the others that took the test with me had their upgrades processed and completed over a week ago.

10. KD2TTM

Now that wait would have driven me absolutely crazy!

I know I can operate as an /AG, but I'm dying to know why I triggered the alert to have my paperwork checked against the "alert list"!