ad: Morse-1

Official Observers: Something’s Coming

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, Aug 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. NK7Z

NK7Z Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you expand on how you came to this conclusion?

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

??

Why else would the ARRL make statements such as they have?

I.e. "The OO program strives to harmonize its activities with enforcement policies."

3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The FCC is the ARRL's " client"?
    When in the past 40 years has the FCC wanted to be bothered by ham radio?
    I smell a nothing-burger on the grill.

4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I just read that as "OOs want to emphasize the kinds of things that FCC would care about, and seeks to gather the kinds of data that would be useful to FCC the way it does things." Whether the FCC would care about individual cases or data, they just want to be relevant to the same kinds of issues as FCC enforcement.

Nice avatar, by the way. :cool:

5. N2SUB

N2SUB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You should probably learn to quote in context. I never said that the "OOs send reports to the FCC". We all know the amateur auxiliary is part of the ARRL, and that the ARRL sends the reports to the FCC. That's kind of irrelevant. I'll stand by my original statement that the FCC receives reports of trivial or unenforceable matters, and they are trying to thin the heard.

"The Commission, as our client
    , alone must determine which violations it chooses to pursue (enforcement policy), and which violations it will deemphasize in favor of accomplishing higher priorities."

Translation: The ARRL works for the FCC. The FCC is in the process of determining which violations they want reported to them, and which violations they do not want to know about (deemphasize) because they have better things to do (higher priorities). Once the FCC determines that, they will inform the ARRL, and the ARRL will change their reporting standards. That's my INTERPRETATION OF THE STATEMENT. If you interpret it differently that's cool.

6. NK7Z

Because the ARRL wants to provide data to the FCC, and they want to make sure the FCC gets what it asks for...

Not because of:
    Respectfully, it appears you are reading a lot into that single sentence...

7. NK7Z

You have already modified your original statement, you should probably learn to quote correctly... I'll leave it to you to correct yourself...

8. N2SUB

Are you just looking to start a fight? I gave my interpretation of the statement that was posted. I stand by it. You're entitled to your own. It's time to find something else to talk about.

9. N2SUB

I was surprised by that wording as well. It implies that there is some kind of a business relationship, and that the ARRL is subservient to the FCC. If you look at the leagues budget there is no line item for income from the FCC. I chalked it up to semantics......but it's still a little weird.

10. KM1H

KM1H Subscriber QRZ Page

You have to remember that only a small fraction of hams are ARRL members and this great unwashed horde have no idea what is going on around them and vice versa.
    Id also like to suggest that a number, maybe a majority of OO's and ARRL members plus employees are strongly anti-AM and maybe even anti-digital. This could slant the reporting to the FCC.

Next, toss in the many, many thousands of non ARRL members that are just as anti about the above and are the ones "flooding" the FCC. Or anti contesting or whatever else stains their panties.

Carl