Off road camping and remote locations

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by VK4ZY, Jun 2, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. VK4ZY

VK4ZY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello to all adventure seekers. Now that I am fully retired and the dreaded cancer has not whisked me away to that really hot place, I have been tripping around Australia, fishing and rock-hounding. This has led me to some truly magnificent remote locations which during my previous 5 round trips of Australia, I had not visited. Now, with this in mind I am wondering if there are some other adventurous persons out there with similar interests, who would care to strike up a friendship (ham to ham of course). It would be great to be able to at least try working like minded people while I am portable in the remote locations of Oz. I do of course use the 20m "Travellers Net" (1000hrs Zulu daily 14.116Mhz) to maintain some form of contact and in the event of an emergency it gives my wife the option of contacting me via the net controllers. And operate mostly 20m when travelling. I have put a couple of pics of some Aussie gems - sapphires, zircon, ruby etc. on my QRZ page. No fish pics as I only fish for food not for glory hi hi. So if you feel inclined send me an email to establish contact and maybe work out some form of schedule for contact while you are out and about in the wilderness of your country.
    73 de Kev. VK4ZY

2. VK6TQ

VK6TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

If you get to VK6 in your travels I have a free camp on my property about 130Km South of Perth. Fire place Dunny, shower of sorts and a few antennas. Your welcome to stay and there is a HF radio event there in the 16th October. Better email me though as I dont look at QRZ much.
    VK6TQ@westnet.com.au
    Regards
    Kim

3. K0BG

K0BG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to say I'll be right down under, but my international traveling days a over. But it goes to show you, the Aussies are indeed accommodating folk!