Odd transaction with N2HN

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by NW1B, Oct 6, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
  1. NW1B

NW1B Ham Member QRZ Page

N2HN purchased a pair of Kenwood twins with transverters and interconnecting cable from me.
    I shipped in a foam in place box.
    He received within three days.
    Five days after shipping I receive a note that the front knob of the receiver was loose and that the RX was low and the S meter was off.
    He did not check the TX
    He wants a full refund.
    Has Jerry never had to tighten up a few screws after shipping UPS? And low RX, compared to what? I can't imagine he did more then listen and make a subjective determination. The S meter comment I don't even know what he referenced to.
    So anyway, I gave him his refund. Tuning the TX must have been too complicated to do since we all know it has 6146B in there. But maybe he was surprised by that too.
    The rigs are 30+ years old. I'm not sure what his expectations were.

Just note that when doing business with N2HN you might run in to similar issues.

2. N7AGA

N7AGA Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess my question would be, why did you not post your for sale with pictures and ID? Seems your ad was flagged for caution for not doing so. As a buyer, I reserve the right to request a refund if item for sale does not meet my expectations. However, your willingness to refund his purchase amount is good to hear. Good luck with your future sale.

K3RW likes this.