Ocracoke Island Power Outage

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AA5AZ, Jul 31, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. AA5AZ

AA5AZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Class Action Lawsuit filed against company responsible for OBX power outage!

It was just a matter of time.

2. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

Source? The sea level is still rising over here!

3. AA5AZ

I'm going to rename this thread to "Was talking about Ham Radio, now talking about b.s. faux science." Geesh.

KK6NOH likes this.
  4. G8ADD

If you don't like the conversation, you don't have to take part!

W4IOA likes this.
  5. WA9WVX

WA9WVX Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems to me that Bob AA5AZ started this thread so I think he should be able to comment on the issues.

Dan
    WA9WVX

6. AA5AZ

On the other hand, I started this conversation. In simple online etiquette, he who starts the threads owns the thread.

Ya'll keep up what you've got. Totally useless. You're going to cite five worthless sources and he's going to cite five worthless sources and both of you are going to call each other crazy. It's just unnecessary. When I am doing anything involving ham radio, the last thing I want is Fox News and CNN battling it out. That is fine, good, and necessary, and I frequently take part in such debating and thinking, but somewhere else.

7. AA5AZ

By the way, folks talking about the OBX and the current situation, growing up there, etc, continue forward.

8. G8ADD

You should know by now, threads on the Zed wander wherever the whim of the participants take them. It has always been like that, topic discipline doesn't exist and efforts to impose it are likely to be resented, it's the nature of the beast!

I was merely curious as to where W0AAT got his figures from as they do not seem to match up with the NASA data, I had no intention of starting a dialogue on this diversion.

In fact the topic is actually of interest to me since I spent a decade with the laboratories of a large construction company and often went out on site to verify that services were actually where they were supposed to be before drilling or excavating. Short cuts in this respect are the hallmarks of a cowboy company - the ranch might be big but they are still cowboys!

N2EY likes this.
  9. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

If sea levels are FALLING then Annapolis must be sinking even faster, because our flooding rate is headed noplace but UP.
    Back to the original issue, this is a total disaster for the area because they earn their entire income in 3 months and hope it lasts the other 9. There is very little ham activity out there, but I did once ask directions on 146.52 and get an instant reply :D It was another lost tourist though, so not much help :rolleyes:

KB9LXP likes this.
  10. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

I know that feeling. My parents and I went up to Maine to visit relatives when the Interstate highways were just getting started. We got lost, our highway map was out of date. My dad decided to follow one car, and on that car's bumper was a sticker that read 'Don't Follow Us, we are Lost to !".

KB9LXP likes this.